Latest post Tue, Aug 3 2010 3:16 PM by producers_kid. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Jul 6 2010 10:54 PM

Editing RED @ 48fps (for slo-mo)

Greetings everyone. I am notified that I will be getting RED shot at 48fps for editing at 23.98 to produce slo-mo. Any difference in MC5 AMA workflow from normal? Additionally, I'll be editing from a G-Tech RAID via e-Sata @ 1080p with resolution set at 1/4 (yellow). Thanks.

• Wed, Jul 7 2010 5:36 PM In reply to

Re: Editing RED @ 48fps (for slo-mo)

No.  The files are already 23.976, so the 48fps it was shot at will playback at 1/2 speed. 

The clips already play that way (you can watch the proxies in QT) so there is nothing for MC to do on import.

Symphony v2019 | OS 10.13.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

• Tue, Aug 3 2010 3:16 PM In reply to

Re: Editing RED @ 48fps (for slo-mo)

Thanks. worked great. I love staying with AMA but this project has shown that with 1080, the memory is used up very quickly and frequent app relaunches are necessary, especially the longer the timeline gets. Working in the native frame size seems to be the easiest on the processor. Overnight transcoding or consolidating to DNx is a good idea and will save time in the editing process. For client screening with AMA, I took the time to render a submaster (DNx) on the top video track and that eliminates the memory limitations and allows making color tweaks with the original R3D files without unrendering everything else.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller