Latest post Tue, Apr 6 2010 11:57 AM by bigrob. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Apr 5 2010 9:20 PM

• bigrob
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 99
    • Points 1,260

NItris DX v. 3.5.9.7 title tool "Bug"

After creating a title through title tool, and then placing said title in a sequence (either by itself or as an upper video layer): when opening up that title via title tool (in effects mode), the background layer (if there is one) reverts to a small one-quarter-size-screen in the upper-left portion of the title tool workspace.
    AND (we found this out by trial and error)....If the title tool button (“V”) isn’t clicked twice after opening the title in effects mode, as soon as you click on the BOTTOM HALF of the title tool screen (for whatever reason) an application error appears and app freezes.

This does not appear to be: settings-related, specific font-related, or Interplay-related. The saame thing happens with Marquee title tool titles.
    Our workflow,though is through title tool.

We're running symphony Nitris 3.5.9.7 and Interplay. This "bug" did NOT occur with our eralier version of DX (3.5.4.1.1). We sent a "black box " with the enclosed app error and bug into Avid and are awaiting a resolution. Our workaround,as noted,is to double click "V" when in title tool. The background (if there IS one) p[ops back up full-raster...and clicking in the title tool workspace is not a problem. But if the editor forgets to double click "V"...app error and crash.
    Anyone seen this before?

• Mon, Apr 5 2010 9:20 PM In reply to

• bigrob
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 99
    • Points 1,260

Re: NItris DX v. 3.5.9.7 title tool "Bug"

I neglected to mention this only occurs while working in SD...working the same way in HD...no title tool problems.

• Mon, Apr 5 2010 11:05 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 11,589
    • Points 256,020
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Bigrob....

I checked with the support team and they haven't seen this one before. I did also note that it appears you already have a case open with us on this though.  I will follow up in the am and see what they find.  If I had a guess.... a bug which was be logged but I also want to see if there is a workaround for you.

marianna

Sr. Director | Customer Experience [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Apr 6 2010 11:56 AM In reply to

• bigrob
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 99
    • Points 1,260

I always post here,in case someone else has seen our situations before.. I sent a black box into Renier/Kelly at Avid and it's good to know a case has been started.

Our workaround is rather an easy one...once in title tool effects mode,.the editor just has to quickly click V (video background) twice...resets the background full-raster and stops any further app errors. BUt it's wierd this is only happening in SD (not HD),and it didnt ha[[en with our previous software version.

Rob

• Tue, Apr 6 2010 11:56 AM In reply to

• bigrob
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 99
    • Points 1,260

I always post here,in case someone else has seen our situations before.. I sent a black box into Renier/Kelly at Avid and it's good to know a case has been started.

Our workaround is rather an easy one...once in title tool effects mode,.the editor just has to quickly click V (video background) twice...resets the background full-raster and stops any further app errors. BUt it's wierd this is only happening in SD (not HD),and it didnt ha[[en with our previous software version.

Rob

• Tue, Apr 6 2010 11:57 AM In reply to

• bigrob
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 99
    • Points 1,260

Rob

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller