Latest post Wed, Apr 7 2010 10:09 PM by Adam_S. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Apr 1 2010 2:06 AM

• Adam_S
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Feb 6 2010
    • Posts 23
    • Points 285

Defective Grid Settings Fix?

Avid Symphony Nitris 4.0.4

Mac OS X Version 10.5.8

My grid settings options on this version Symphony don't seem to be working. I am trying to turn on my axes, tick marks, points, thirds, but checking or unchecking them from the settings window doesn't affect the Grid in either the source or record monitor, or in the title tool.

I do have Title Safe and Action safe checked, and both of those areas show up in the gird, but unchecking them in the grid settings does not remove them from the grid, likewise the various options, such as 1.85 safe, 4x3 in 16:9 window etc do not function.

It's apparently stuck on Safe Title and Safe Action with a small cross in the center, and it's frustrating not to be able to display axes and points. 

Is there something I'm missing? Something new to this version of Symphony I need to know? I feel I've tried every option in the grid settings, and frankly I'm a little baffled, as all I've had to do in the past on any system of avid going back to OS9MC was to check or uncheck what I wanted displayed in the grid.

Thanks, 

Adam

Nitris DX - Media Composer 5.5.3.3 dongle - MacPro 0S X 10.6.7 - 2x2.66Ghz Quad Core Intel Xeon - 12GB 1066MHz DDR3. [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Apr 7 2010 5:53 AM In reply to

• floppyd
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Mar 17 2008
    • Richmond, Virginia
    • Posts 92
    • Points 1,115

Re: Defective Grid Settings Fix?

Have you tried creating a brand new User Profile?

Duplicate your current Grid settings and delete the original?

Did someone accidentally put the Grid settings into Site Settings, thereby overriding Project/User?

HTH,

-Scott

• Wed, Apr 7 2010 12:30 PM In reply to

• riojapj
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • London, UK
    • Posts 137
    • Points 1,460

Have you tried Alt clicking the grid button? It's a toggle command that might be locking your grid to what you describe.

MC 8.10.0 Mac Pro (late 2013) CPU - 3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5 RAM - 64GB DDR3 GFX - AMD FirePro D700 6GB (x2) [view my complete system specs]

Paul

• Wed, Apr 7 2010 12:34 PM In reply to

You also might want to go ahead and rebuild the site settings files, in case they became corrupted. To do this, quit the application, and from the settings folder, delete the following: MC State, Site_Settings, Site_Attributes. On re-launch, the system will detect the missing files and build new ones. If you had previously dragged any user settings into the site settings window, those will need to be restored after the rebuild.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Wed, Apr 7 2010 10:09 PM In reply to

• Adam_S
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Feb 6 2010
    • Posts 23
    • Points 285

ALT clicking solved it.  Thanks.

Nitris DX - Media Composer 5.5.3.3 dongle - MacPro 0S X 10.6.7 - 2x2.66Ghz Quad Core Intel Xeon - 12GB 1066MHz DDR3. [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller