Latest post Tue, Nov 18 2008 7:55 PM by Dan_Durand. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Nov 18 2008 7:37 PM

• Dan_Durand
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 23 2008
    • BURBANK, CA
    • Posts 2
    • Points 20

Changing Tape Source for P2 Clips

Hello All,

I've done some looking around on the forum but unfortunately have not found a confirmed solution to the problem of changing the Tape Source of P2 footage.

I've gone the route of using Modify Source and clicking through the warnings but it always ends in the following warning:

Exception: SMReturnTapeMobOffset: sourceMob editrate (60) does not match tc editrate (24)

I've seen this specific warning referenced in other posts but to no avail so I'm hoping for some luck by bringing it up again. 

I've also tried creating a new project with a different frame rate thinking perhaps that would make the tc editrate match the sourceMob editrate however i received the same error warning.

Any illumination the community could provide would be very much appreciated.

Thank you

Dan

MAC PRO 2 X 3.2 GHZ QUAD / 6 GB DDR2 RAM / MC 3.0 NITRIS DX [view my complete system specs]

• Tue, Nov 18 2008 7:40 PM In reply to

• BLKDOG
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Lansing, MI
    • Posts 17,739
    • Points 227,800
    • Avid Employee
      Moderator: MCA Mac
      Moderator: MCA PC

Re: CHANGING TAPE SOURCE FOR P2 CLIPS

Just conjecture here but try creating a tape name within the correct project type and then applying that to the P2 clips. Maybe the default project type being assinged to your clips is not associated with your project frame rate.

Project Manager, Avid Professional Services - Americas [view my complete system specs]

In agreement, Unity. In Disagreement, Discussion. In all things, Charity.

• Tue, Nov 18 2008 7:55 PM In reply to

• Dan_Durand
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 23 2008
    • BURBANK, CA
    • Posts 2
    • Points 20

Re: CHANGING TAPE SOURCE FOR P2 CLIPS

Thanks for the quick reply BLKDOG. Unfortunately the same warning comes up.

MAC PRO 2 X 3.2 GHZ QUAD / 6 GB DDR2 RAM / MC 3.0 NITRIS DX [view my complete system specs]

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller