Latest post Mon, Nov 3 2008 5:36 PM by Bill Nelson. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Oct 29 2008 5:18 PM

• ingofoertsch
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Bavaria, Germany
    • Posts 91
    • Points 1,165

Quicktime same as source export / P2 / DV50 / trouble

Hi, im experiencing a strange problem here.

I shoot on P2-Cam (HPX 500 or HVX 201).

PAL, SD, 720x576i.

I import the MXF files, they are recognized as DV50 files, i edit - everthing fine.

But at the end , when it comes to export the sequence MC says i need to export same as source

with "Use Avid Codec" activated in the export settings. OK i do so.

It seems to work BUT: nearly every encoding software failes to work with the resulting QT-file.

(Except TMPC on the PC)

Compressor for example crashes instantly - ok nothing new, but what happens is

that there are always 5 to 10 lines of black pixels at the bottom of the file that i exported from the avid.

Why is that? Does anyone know?

It works when i export it as e.g. Animation Codec.

..but who wants to do that all the time?

Same as source DV 50 would be very, very nice to have...

What am i doing wrong in my workflow?

thanks,

ingo

1. Imac 27", OSX High Sierra, MC 2018.9.0 2. Imac 27", OSX High Sierra, MC 2018.5.0 [view my complete system specs]

My system: MC 8.5.3 / Mojo DX / MacPro 2x 2,66 Nehalem / 32 GB Ram / OSX 10.9.5 / NVIDIA GeForce GT 120

• Wed, Oct 29 2008 6:15 PM In reply to

Re: Quicktime same as source export / P2 / DV50 / trouble

um, not sure in PAL-land, but some short tests w/various crop or scale QT export selections might be in order. I'm loathe to use the Avid DV codec myself. Have you tried 'None' as an export selection?  It'll be a larger file than Same as Source, but you can rest assured that EVERYTHING is in there, resolution-wise.

2 systems: Mobile: 16-inch Macbook Pro 2.4GHz 8-Core i9 w/64 gig RAM, 2TB SSD, OS 10.15.3 running MC 2020 Beta Legacy - MC v5.5.4, OS 10.5.8, QT 7.6, on... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Nov 1 2008 4:39 PM In reply to

• ingofoertsch
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Bavaria, Germany
    • Posts 91
    • Points 1,165

Thank you very much BIll,

but i am not sure if i understand what you try to tell me.

My English is not good enough...

Yes for sure i tried to export the sequence with None or Animation.compressed liek in the old days.

But hey this is 2008, they gave us all that stuff - MXF, cool new codecs, new workflows -

why dont they work like they shoud -or what am i doing wrong?

Ingo

1. Imac 27", OSX High Sierra, MC 2018.9.0 2. Imac 27", OSX High Sierra, MC 2018.5.0 [view my complete system specs]

My system: MC 8.5.3 / Mojo DX / MacPro 2x 2,66 Nehalem / 32 GB Ram / OSX 10.9.5 / NVIDIA GeForce GT 120

• Mon, Nov 3 2008 5:36 PM In reply to

Don't get me started...  QT Ref on my Meridien was Solid Gold. It's never been the same since those 'good old days'.  Two steps forward and one step back.

Try your export with all your media at the same resolution (raster size). Check field order. Twice. Something's choking those compressors.  Did you try a Progressive export?  Gonna have to test things out and see where you're having problems.  Keep those test clips short and it shouldn't take too long.

2 systems: Mobile: 16-inch Macbook Pro 2.4GHz 8-Core i9 w/64 gig RAM, 2TB SSD, OS 10.15.3 running MC 2020 Beta Legacy - MC v5.5.4, OS 10.5.8, QT 7.6, on... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller