Latest post Wed, Jul 2 2008 3:27 PM by Tom Pearson. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Jul 1 2008 8:22 PM

• yankeet
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 39
    • Points 535

renting a Mojo

Hi, I have media composer without a mojo and I'd like to rent one to capture 2:1 footage. My question is how does that work, do I have to update the dongle information? will it take a long time to do? or can I just plug in the mojo and be up and running?

Thanks

• Tue, Jul 1 2008 8:25 PM In reply to

• BLKDOG
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Lansing, MI
    • Posts 17,739
    • Points 227,800
    • Avid Employee
      Moderator: MCA Mac
      Moderator: MCA PC

Re: renting a Mojo

You do not have to do anything to your Dongle. You should just plug the mojo in let the firmware update and off ya go.....

Project Manager, Avid Professional Services - Americas [view my complete system specs]

In agreement, Unity. In Disagreement, Discussion. In all things, Charity.

• Wed, Jul 2 2008 12:46 PM In reply to

• John
    • Not Ranked
    • Glasgow, Scotland
    • Posts 178
    • Points 2,135

Be advised! I know at least 3 other editors from myself that thought it was a case of plug it in, let the firmware update itself and off we went.... yeah! off we went to the forum to find out why we suddenly had a whole set of new errors.

My advise is check and dounble check your machine spec...read Mojo errors on the forum. and always have a plan B. Even spec machine seem to have Flamethrower errors, Underruns and countless other issues.

The SDI mojo is particularly troublesome.

Gl

John 

Media Composer 6 on HPZ800, 12GB Ram, 2x Mac Pro MC 5 and 5.5 [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Jul 2 2008 1:30 PM In reply to

• BLKDOG
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Lansing, MI
    • Posts 17,739
    • Points 227,800
    • Avid Employee
      Moderator: MCA Mac
      Moderator: MCA PC

And then there are those of us who have installed Mojos on hundreds of systems without a hitch. Yes, it's important that your system meet Avid's specs but that should really go without saying.

Project Manager, Avid Professional Services - Americas [view my complete system specs]

In agreement, Unity. In Disagreement, Discussion. In all things, Charity.

• Wed, Jul 2 2008 2:54 PM In reply to

• John
    • Not Ranked
    • Glasgow, Scotland
    • Posts 178
    • Points 2,135

BLKDOG:

And then there are those of us who have installed Mojos on hundreds of systems without a hitch. Yes, it's important that your system meet Avid's specs but that should really go without saying.

Excuse me if I sounded dismissive, I am mearly saying that Renting a mojo and plugging it in may not be as simple as it sounds. I wanted to flag up the fact that even with spec'd machines it is still highly possible they would hit errors.

My advice is really prepare for the event. dont leave it to the last min. Make sure you have your machine up and running and tested well before you need to actually work with it.Big Smile

Media Composer 6 on HPZ800, 12GB Ram, 2x Mac Pro MC 5 and 5.5 [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Jul 2 2008 3:27 PM In reply to

• Tom Pearson
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Mar 1 2007
    • Los Angeles CA / Dallas TX
    • Posts 2,213
    • Points 23,820

i use my mojo  on three systems 2 not qualified home built desk tops   and a qualified laptop and it is just that  plug reboot and play  then when i am done  avid works just the way it did before i installed the mojo  and i have not  had any flamthrower issues it is worth a try  and if it dosent work you have not lost anything

Mac Pro 3.5 gig 6 core 64 gig ram D700 radons with ssd os drive with a 20 tb raid, Artist Mix and Artist color Artist control [view my complete system specs]

Tom Pearson

Director/Writer Big Picture Films

Sound Designer/Sound Editor Hollywood Sounds

WWLD

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller