Latest post Fri, Jun 13 2008 12:34 PM by feeonac. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Jun 13 2008 10:46 AM

• feeonac
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Jun 2 2008
    • Posts 20
    • Points 300

MC 2.8 Crashes when opened

Hi

I just downloaded MC 2.8 and it was working fine. It was a new copy of MC. I clicked 'yes and and don't ask me again" when opening avid and entered the company name that the avid was purchased for. Now Avid crashes as soon as it opens every time. Is there a way to solve this?

Thanks

Fiona

• Fri, Jun 13 2008 10:52 AM In reply to

Re: MC 2.8 Crashes when opened

Hi Fiona,

It'll help troubleshooting if you can tell us what your system specifications are, and at what point does Media Composer crash?  Do you see any of the status messages at the bottom of the opening screen (like "Initializing Audio Hardware" or any of those messages)?

good luck,
    Carl

Media Composer 2022.12 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Blackmagic UltraStudio Mini... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Fri, Jun 13 2008 11:03 AM In reply to

• feeonac
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 20
    • Points 300

Hey I'm using a MacBookPro, 2.4GHz, 4GB Memory.It allows me to choose the user and the project. It starts to open and gets as far as showing the empty superbin and then shuts down. I've tried creating a new project and it crashes as soon as it tries to open?

Thanks

Fiona

• Fri, Jun 13 2008 11:10 AM In reply to

• BLKDOG
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Lansing, MI
    • Posts 17,739
    • Points 227,800
    • Avid Employee
      Moderator: MCA Mac
      Moderator: MCA PC

Fiona, take your media drives offline and tell us if the system still crashes when it launches.

Project Manager, Avid Professional Services - Americas [view my complete system specs]

In agreement, Unity. In Disagreement, Discussion. In all things, Charity.

• Fri, Jun 13 2008 11:17 AM In reply to

• feeonac
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 20
    • Points 300

The project doesn't have any media files yet.

Fiona

• Fri, Jun 13 2008 11:52 AM In reply to

Hi,

Not "files," "drives."  If you're using an external hard drive or drives, remove them and try to start Media Composer.

good luck,
    Carl

Media Composer 2022.12 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Blackmagic UltraStudio Mini... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Fri, Jun 13 2008 12:34 PM In reply to

• feeonac
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 20
    • Points 300

I was usind the internal hard drive. I have just uninstalled AVID and installed again with the 2.8 update. Seems to be working okay at the moment. Very strange. Thankd for your help.

Fi

x

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller