Latest post Mon, Apr 21 2008 10:01 AM by thepaintballdude. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Apr 18 2008 1:01 AM

Does the Avid MC Graduation Gift still exist?

A few years back, Avid offered a special graduation upgrade for owners of XPress Pro Academic. When you graduated, you could upgrade to Media Composer commercial version for only $995. The details are mentioned here.

My question is, now that XPress Pro has been 'merged' with MC, does that offer exist for owners of MC Academic? I've e-mailed Susannah Stone of Avid and called a few times but I have not recieved a response.

Does anyone else know?

Thanks,
    Matt

Avid MC Soft 5.0.3.8 OS: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit CPU: Intel Core i7-960 Bloomfield 3.2 GHz MOBO: Asus Sabertooth X58 GPU: PNY nVidia QuadroFX... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Apr 18 2008 2:17 AM In reply to

Re: Does the Avid MC Graduation Gift still exist?

I'm curious about this as well... I'd also like to know if the original $995 offer still stands (for Xpress Pro Academic to MC), or if it does, if it'll be lowered now that MC is half the price.

I had originally thought that the $495 offer was for Academic as well (the email clearly stated "If you own any Avid Xpress Pro software version you can now upgrade to Media Composer for only $495 USMSRP") but that has been shot down here on the forum multiple times. 

-Matt

Avid Media Composer, Dell Precision 380, Pentium D 3.0GHz processor, 4GB RAM, nVidia Quadro FX 3450 with driver 91.85 [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Apr 21 2008 10:01 AM In reply to

Re: Does the Avid MC Graduation Gift still exist?

Bump. Now that everyone's back from NAB, I figured I'd give this thread a shot again.

-Matt

Avid Media Composer, Dell Precision 380, Pentium D 3.0GHz processor, 4GB RAM, nVidia Quadro FX 3450 with driver 91.85 [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller