Latest post Tue, Apr 15 2008 7:17 PM by Fazz Powell. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Apr 15 2008 7:06 PM

• DMV guy
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Dec 7 2005
    • Sacramento, CA
    • Posts 26
    • Points 385

"New Avids & HDV editing"

Hello everyone,

We have a Sony HVR-V1U HDV camera that we're currently using in SD mode, with 2 Adrenalines running on HP XW8000 platforms. I've been researching whether to add a DNXHD board to each of the Adrenalines in order to be able to really use the camera to full advantage. 

As of yesterday, I was leaning towards buying the boards, but after reading the posts on the new Avid line-up that's coming out, I feel like we might be buying into obsolete technology if we go that way. I'm wondering if upgrading to the new Nitris DX Media Composer might be a better solution for HDV post production.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Thanks!

Rick 

(3) Mac Pro Dual Quad Core with 8 gb memory. MC ver. 4.0.5 (3) Avid VideoRaid ST with 1 tb storage Also linked via Unity Media Network ver. 5.1.3 (16... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Apr 15 2008 7:17 PM In reply to

• Fazz Powell
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Sun, Dec 3 2006
    • Naples, FL
    • Posts 476
    • Points 6,550

Re: "New Avids & HDV editing"

Definately wait for NitrisDX if you can, it's very nice. Probably won't be out until 2Q, and you should wait a release cycle if you can. What's being shown at NAB is still beta, and has a few bugs. As for HDV, the 1394 would connect to the CPU w/DX, or you can go in HD-SDI. With NitrisDX you can play a lot more streams in real time.

MC 2020.06 w/Symphony option. BlackMagic DeckLink 12G, HP Z840 Dual 3.2Ghz/8 Core, 1TB SSD, 1TB Cache drive, 128GB Ram, Nvidia RTX2060 Super, BCC2020,... [view my complete system specs]

Dan Powell - Take One Digital Media

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller