Latest post Tue, May 6 2008 2:01 PM by MAGION. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Dec 5 2006 9:18 AM

• alex iniesta
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Barcelona
    • Posts 38
    • Points 450

Confused [*-)] COMBUSTION 4

I everybody, it is my first Post, I have to buy a Avid mediacomposer Adrenaline. I would like to know, how can I see the frame buffer to combustion 4 in a estion avid, My configuration is:

Mediacomposer software 2.6 whith Adrenaline HD DNxHD

HP 8400. Nvidia 1500. 4Gb ram  1 Tbite video.

Thank you. Sorry for my english I'm from Barcelona Spain.

Media Composer 3.5 Adrenaline whith DNexel HD HP 8400 Windows XP 32 [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Dec 5 2006 12:51 PM In reply to

• boltown
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • buenos aires
    • Posts 230
    • Points 2,825

Re: COMBUSTION 4

Hi Alex, What do you mean by Frame Buffer to cumbustion?
    I'm from Argentina so maybe you could contact me offlist in spanish, or in the spanish forum if you have problems with English.
    bye

Intel 755xbx2 mobo Core 2 duo 2.2GHz 4GB RAM Quadro fx550 Graphic board Pyro DV Firewire board [view my complete system specs]

www.wancamp.com.ar

• Tue, Dec 5 2006 1:06 PM In reply to

• dbk
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Aug 21 2006
    • Ottawa, Canada
    • Posts 52
    • Points 485

combustion calls video I/O hardware a "framebuffer".

I'm also wondering about adding a video card to my HP8200 so that I can see the output of some non-Avid tools.
    I have an older MatroxLE care that works with combustion; I've been advised on these fora that installing it on my MCSoft system is "not recommended".

Can someone recommend compatible 3rd party video I/O hardware that can co-exist with either Mojo or Adrenaline, neither of which appear to be available to non-Avid apps?
    Does Avid hardware work with any 3rd-party applications?
    Is there a recommended 3rd party hardware option for MCSoft on HP8200?
    Does anyone have any stories to share?

I may have a quiet week around christmas, and thought I might try the MatroxLE....for some reason when I see "not recommended" I read good advice, but also see a challenge!

dbk
    MCSoft 2.7on HP xw8200, 3GB RAM, with MojoSDI allso using NewsCutter XP/Adrenaline 6.7 ISIS 1.3 Interplay 1.1 [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Dec 5 2006 1:20 PM In reply to

• boltown
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • buenos aires
    • Posts 230
    • Points 2,825

Avid Hardaware is build to work witho avid software only. You wont be able to capture material via any other software using Avid's Hardware.
    The only thing I know that connects Avid Hard to any other Soft is Avid EMP, Avid EMP let you use Avid Hardware to preview Adobe Ater Effects output.

You cannot use third party I/O Hardware neither (AJA or Blackmagic for example)
    Thare are options if you are working with DV, Canopus ADVC pro and Miranda converters let you feed SDI or Analog Video and converts it to DV video, not an option if you are need "Broadcast quality".

Avid systems are very closed in that way. A good thig to know is that QT reference works very well.
    Hope have been helful.
    ......good luck with the MatroxLE!
    Intel 755xbx2 mobo Core 2 duo 2.2GHz 4GB RAM Quadro fx550 Graphic board Pyro DV Firewire board [view my complete system specs]

www.wancamp.com.ar

• Mon, Dec 11 2006 3:37 PM In reply to

• alex iniesta
    • Not Ranked
    • Barcelona
    • Posts 38
    • Points 450

Thanks for the report, but I think that avid can have to solution for  frame buffer to combustion 4.

Thanks

Alex

Media Composer 3.5 Adrenaline whith DNexel HD HP 8400 Windows XP 32 [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Dec 11 2006 3:41 PM In reply to

Well, they don't at the moment and it's pretty unlikely IMHO. It would be great if we could have something like the After Effects EMP for Combustion.

Anyway, try the Blackmagic Decklink cards. They are pretty cheap and they should sit in the same crate as Media Composer. The problem, of course, is that you really want to be viewing your comps on the same hardware as will be used to output eventually, so the most accurate work-around is to use QT ref and render your comps out to whatever Avid QT you are using in Media Composer for a given project, then fast import for final colour/gamma check.
    1xMacPro dual quad 3.0Ghz 10GB RAM with Symphony6 + Mojo DX; 1xMacPro dual quad 3.0Ghz 8GB RAM with MC6+ Kona LHi; 1xMacPro dual quad Westmere 2.4GHz with... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Dec 18 2006 12:30 PM In reply to

• alex iniesta
    • Not Ranked
    • Barcelona
    • Posts 38
    • Points 450

Thanks
  • Tue, May 6 2008 2:01 PM In reply to

• MAGION
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, May 6 2008
    • Posts 4
    • Points 40

Hi! Ive found this old discussion about COMBUSTION4. Our company would like to buy AVID NITRIS DX system and I would like to use also Combustion with preview from NITRIS DX hardware. The distributor couldnt answer me now if it will work together so I am asking here. Is it already somehow possible to have full preview of composition from Combustion to NITRIS dx hardware video outputs? (HDMI, S-vid, composit). Thanks a lot!

in near future: AVID NITRIS DX, PROTOOLS HD 7.0 [view my complete system specs]

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller