Latest post Tue, Aug 23 2022 12:21 PM by Jason Sedmak. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Aug 15 2022 11:04 PM

Not able to sinc video and audio files...

I'm having issues trying to sinc my non slated footage with my audio files (shooting on the Canon C500 MKII). We were jam sinc'd for timecode and when I check the source settings of both the video and audio files, the timecodes seem to be in the same range, yet when I highlight the files in separate bins and then right click and hit autosinc - source timecode, it says "Selected clips do not have common timecodes". When I try AUX 1 or TC24 and other options, it simply says the files have no timecode... 

When I imported the audio (the video files I'm trying to link it to are merely sourced), I selected 23.98 on the left, but on the right where it showed the timecode for each file there was a 24 in paranthesis next to it (24). I'm wondeirng if this means it was recorded with timecode set for 24, however my sound operator is adamant that he recorded at 23.98...

Heads up that I have never used auto sinc before, I usuall ymanually sinc or do Multigroups with multi cams, therefore I could be doing the AutoSinc method totally wrong in the first place...

Any help would be amazing!!!! 

Ultimate Avid 2020.12.0 iMac (24-inch, M1, 2021) (BIG SUR 11.4) Chip: Apple M1 Memory: 16 GB Graphics: Radeon Pro 450 2 GB / Intel HD Graphics 530... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Aug 18 2022 3:09 AM In reply to

Re: Not able to sinc video and audio files...

Nobody? :( 

Ultimate Avid 2020.12.0 iMac (24-inch, M1, 2021) (BIG SUR 11.4) Chip: Apple M1 Memory: 16 GB Graphics: Radeon Pro 450 2 GB / Intel HD Graphics 530... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Aug 18 2022 8:38 AM In reply to

Try copying the video and audio clips to a new bin. Select them both then try autosync. 

HP Z840 3.1GHZ 20cores 128GB RAM M4000 GPU 1TB NVMe drive HP Z book 17 G2 2.7GHZ Quad core 32GB RAM Nvidia K3100M 1TB SSD drive ACI Moderator. I'm... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  Avid Certified Instructor VET (Retired Early 2022)

Still offering training and support for: QC/QAR Training - Understanding Digital Media - Advanced Files * Compression - Avid Ingest - PSE fixing courses and more.

Mainly delivered remotely via zoom but onsite possible.

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet-training.co.uk

• Thu, Aug 18 2022 3:41 PM In reply to

You can also select your video clips, and right-click to select "AutoSequence."

This will string out your clips according to TC, so do the same with your audio clips, then edit the audio sequence onto your video sequence according to TC, or an offset if it's consistently off.

J

Custom, i9-9900K, AMD 6900XT, 64 GB RAM, m.2 SSD, 8x Fiber to Terrablock, BM SDI 4k, currently running Mac OS 12.6.2 MC Ultimate 2022.12 [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Aug 22 2022 10:52 PM In reply to

Thanks, Pat. This is working sometimes, other times I get the error message again and then only some of the clips are linked and even those are missing tracks. What I've noticed is if I select the first 10 to 15 tracks and then do the same for the audio tracks and do it, then it works. I'm guessing that some have two video clips for one audio when the sound never cut, is there any way to simply this?

• Mon, Aug 22 2022 10:54 PM In reply to

Awesome, Jason. This seems to work, however once I have them all in the same sequence, how do you suggest going about editing from there? I would prefer to pick my selects in separate bins and edit off another timeline, so ideally just having the clips grouped together in a bin to select from would be preferable to scrubbing through an entire timeline...

• Tue, Aug 23 2022 6:27 AM In reply to

Subsequence each individual take from that sequence (make sure no cuts or filler live in each subsequence). Select those subsequences in the bin and hit AutoSync. 

Media Composer Symphony | PT Ultimate | Win10 HPZ | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Aug 23 2022 12:21 PM In reply to

Depends on how you like to work.

You can do what Job suggested, or you can edit FROM the sequence (or multiple sequences based on this one). This is how I work; I sequence EVERYTHING, drag that into the source monitor, and hit the hot key to view the Source sequence (which I've mapped to my left hand). In my opinion it's by far the fastest way to fly through your material. 
    j

Custom, i9-9900K, AMD 6900XT, 64 GB RAM, m.2 SSD, 8x Fiber to Terrablock, BM SDI 4k, currently running Mac OS 12.6.2 MC Ultimate 2022.12 [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller