Latest post Mon, Aug 22 2022 2:23 PM by Nicholas Ogden. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Aug 13 2022 2:07 AM

Bin keyboard shortcuts

Hi there community. Assistant Editor on scripted features here. I'm curious if anyone knows of (keyboard) shortcuts or speedy workarounds for some of these bin tasks I encounter a LOT.

1. Loading the next clip in a bin (list view) into Source monitor. This one baffles me a bit. Surely there's a quicker way to load clips one after another than merely using the mouse to double click each one in turn? Ok it's not THAT bad, but with hundreds of clips to sync and a dual monitor setup it does eat into productivity. Obviously in an editable field hitting enter moves you down the list/colum but that isn't quite it.

Even better would be if there was a way to move down the list, editing values in a colum (e.g name), WHILST loading each clip into source browser (eg to view slate info)

2. Batch Removing suffixes on clips - Bin full of synched subclips, is there a way to remove the .sync01 suffix from all of their names in one foul swoop? Again I find myself baffled that the quickest method is to edit them each in turn using the mouse.
    Any smart ideas greatly appreciated to help me speed up my AE work.

Mac OS Mojave 10.14.6

MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2019, 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5, 8 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3)

Avid Media Composer Ultimate 2020.12.1

• Sat, Aug 13 2022 11:26 AM In reply to

• dlogneb
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Aug 27 2014
    • Posts 228
    • Points 2,670

Re: Bin keyboard shortcuts

I don't think you can edit values AND load into source montior.

You can edit values much like Excel or Google Sheets.  Once you click on a field and are in edit mode return and tab, shift-return and shift-tab, will allow you to move around and change values.  But, I don't know anyway to enter this mode with the keyboard.

When you're not in edit mode, the return/enter key will load into the source monitor.  You can then use "find in bin" to go back to the bin and use up/down arrows to move to other items.

To remove suffixes and more, you can run "find and replace" on the contents of a bin.  It's in both the Edit menu and the Bin menu, "Find and Replace".  Why this isn't in "bulk edit" I don't know.

Avid MC 2022.10 & 2022.7 Mac Os Monterey (12.6.1 & 12.3.1) MacStudio Apple M1 Ultra 128GB [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Aug 22 2022 2:23 PM In reply to

Re: Bin keyboard shortcuts

Thank you! These were some helpful time-savers. Especially once I mapped 'Find Bin' to the keyboard.

For anyone following, the 'find and replace' command is availalbe in v.2020.X onwards.

Mac OS Mojave 10.14.6

MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2019, 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5, 8 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3)

Avid Media Composer Ultimate 2020.12.1

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller