Latest post Tue, Jul 26 2022 7:24 PM by Chris Bové. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Jul 25 2022 4:11 PM

• AV Pali
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Jul 24 2022
    • Posts 4
    • Points 60

Object menu not appearing

Hi!

Using Avid Media Composer w Symphony Option 2020 12.6 on OSX Mojave. I have the legacy title tool installed also.

When I use the paint effect, and make more than one object in a single effect, there should be the "Object Menu" available for groupling, ordering the different objects. However this menu DOES NOT APPEAR on this installation. It does appear as normal in the legacy title tool. 

Strangely the object menu occasionally appears as normal when using the paint tool, but not most of the time. The "hack" that I worked out was to create keyboard shortcuts for grouping, and ungrouping on one of the rare freak instances of the "Object Menu" appearing using "Menu to Button" reassignment. Even that does not seem to always work however.

Please help!

Pali

• Tue, Jul 26 2022 6:03 PM In reply to

Re: Object menu not appearing

Hello,

This is a bug in the software that our engineers are currently working on.  Beig able to make the "Object" menu show up is indeed intermittent. 

As silly as this may sound, you're able to get the Object menu to appear if you add your shapes, and then click on the Media Composer interface (like the background itself). That makes it show up every time.

2014 MacPro 6;1 "trashcan" on Monterey with MC 2022.7. 2019 MBP (Intel) with BigSur running MC 2021.12.2 2014 MBP (Intel) with Mojave running... [view my complete system specs]

Email me to create a support case: chris.bove@avid.com 

------

Chris Bové
    Avid Online Community Manager

• Tue, Jul 26 2022 7:19 PM In reply to

• AV Pali
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Jul 24 2022
    • Posts 4
    • Points 60

Thanks for the reply Chris,

The technique you describe does not reliably get the Object menu to appear for me. I can rarely get the menu to appear no matter what I click on etc. 

I have added the grouping functions to keyboard shortcuts AND from there have been able to use button to button assignment to add "Group" and "Ungroup" to the Tool Palatte. I hope this works persistantly. Perhaps this will help someone else if they have this problem and come across this post.

AV Pali

• Tue, Jul 26 2022 7:24 PM In reply to

Exactly - and thanks for posting.

In the meantime, know that it is a bug that is indeed being worked on. 

2014 MacPro 6;1 "trashcan" on Monterey with MC 2022.7. 2019 MBP (Intel) with BigSur running MC 2021.12.2 2014 MBP (Intel) with Mojave running... [view my complete system specs]

Email me to create a support case: chris.bove@avid.com 

------

Chris Bové
    Avid Online Community Manager

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller