Latest post Fri, Aug 12 2022 3:44 AM by margaretfadel. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Apr 21 2022 5:49 PM

Developer Avid Dock Custom Tablet App

Hi all,

I recently came accross the Avid Dock control surface and it would suite my use cases perfectly IF I would be able to develop a custom application. From reading the Avid Control App Manual, it seems like I can assign a tablet (running Avid Control) directly to an Avid Dock or Avid S1 unit. But does the EUCON protocol allow me to interfer at that point and allow the Avid Dock or Avid S1 unit to link against my iPad running my own EUCON compatible software?

What would be also interesting: I read in some posts briefly, that these consoles should be able to send out Mackie Control commands. I couldn't find anything about that in the manual pdfs. Is that still possible? How does that work with the iPad? Is it in theory also possible to send OSC commands?

I hope someone here can answer my questions :)
    Have a great day!

Best, Rincewind 

• Fri, Aug 12 2022 3:44 AM In reply to

Re: Developer Avid Dock Custom Tablet App

It seems to be connected as when I remove it from 'My Surfaces' in the EUControl Settings, a red 'Not Connected' message appears in the app under the Settings > About tab. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

the backrooms

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller