Latest post Fri, Mar 25 2022 8:29 AM by camoscato. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Mar 20 2022 1:40 AM

• jwrl
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 8,449
    • Points 98,420

Kaspersky security warning

If anyone is using Kaspersky for malware protection, you should see the following warning posted by the German BSI, the German agency that manages the German government's IT security.  Translated by Google:

The BSI issues a warning against virus protection software from the Russian software manufacturer Kaspersky on all operating systems, since the company is headquartered in Russia. The warlike actions of Russia as well as the threats made against the EU, NATO and the Federal Republic of Germany harbor a considerable risk of a successful IT attack, which could have far-reaching consequences. It cannot currently be ruled out that the company will be forced against its will to attack systems or pass on confidential data.

You will find the full article at https://www.bsi.bund.de/DE/Themen/Unternehmen-und-Organisationen/Cyber-Sicherheitslage/Technische-Sicherheitshinweise-und-Warnungen/Warnungen-nach-Par-7/FAQ-Kaspersky/faq_node.html

Although Kaspersky have responded that their servers are outside Russia, pressure on them can still be applied inside Russia.  They may be required to give up their algorithms, customer lists and profiles and anything else seen as potentially helpful to the Russian government, and have no say in the matter.

MC 7.0.4 - Asus P6T Deluxe V2 mobo - Intel i7 920 2.66GHz - Windows 7 Ult64 SP1 - nVidia Quadro FX 1800 - 16 Gbyte low latency DDR3 RAM - Internal 8 Tb... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Mar 20 2022 7:43 PM In reply to

Re: Kaspersky security warning

TY for posting!

Editing Movie Magic.

My Equipment & System Specs

Media Composer Ultimate 2022.7 | Pro Tools Studio 2022.7 | Avid Play | Sibelius Artist 2022.7

• Fri, Mar 25 2022 8:25 AM In reply to

• Bruno M
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Feb 11 2010
    • London, UK
    • Posts 925
    • Points 11,845

I wonder if this should be posted to the Avid Media Composer PC and Mac forums?

Not so many people look in this forum.

HP Z800, HP G3 Studio, SonnetFusion RAID, Mojo DX, Decklink 4K, Symphony 2020, JVC DTV1910 HD tube monitor, HP Dreamcolor, Avid Artist Color, Avid Transport... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Mar 25 2022 8:29 AM In reply to

I can't speak for everyone, but most people who have expressed a preference when it comes to accessing the forum use the 'Active Topics' link on the right side of the main page. Personally, scrolling down to the middle of the vast sea of forums feels like a minor waste of time.

Media Composer 2022.10 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Blackmagic UltraStudio Mini... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller