Latest post Tue, Sep 20 2022 6:32 PM by IEdge. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Feb 1 2022 2:21 PM

• mkj
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Sweden
    • Posts 489
    • Points 6,490

"The internal audio clock source has a problem, please check the hardware"

I have never seen this error message before...

We have some users in a specific project that get this message, and when you click "OK" Avid crasches. Someone who have a clue what can be wrong here?

HP z240 32 gb RAM

Avid MC 2021.12

• Wed, Feb 2 2022 5:51 AM In reply to

• DStone
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Massachusetts
    • Posts 3,886
    • Points 49,695
    • Moderator: Avid Media Composer for Liquid
      Moderator: MCA Mac
      Moderator: MCA PC
      Moderator: Media Composer Getting Started

Re: "The internal audio clock source has a problem, please check the hardware"

This problem has happened before, but no one ever came up with a good answer. What is the specific hardware that the users are running on? Check that the time of the Real Time Clock is synced properly (easy enough to tell just by looking at the clock on the computer and matching it up to the actual time). In general, the RTC is the internal clock, unless you have other audio hardware installed that may also have it's own clock.

DIY quad core I7-4790K, 32Gb, NVidia RTX 2060 Super 8, Win 10 Pro, MC (generally the latest or the one just before) [view my complete system specs]

Dave S.

• Wed, Feb 2 2022 12:48 PM In reply to

• mkj
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Sweden
    • Posts 489
    • Points 6,490

we discovered that this project has 8 hours long sequenses.....can this cause trouble?

• Thu, Feb 3 2022 12:44 PM In reply to

• Mike Brodeur
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Apr 15 2008
    • Burlington, MA
    • Posts 38
    • Points 525

It might matter, depending on the sample rate and the length of the clips.  Here is some information from the Knowlege Base.

What is the maximum clip length that can be used by Media Composer, Symphony or NewsCutter?

The maximum clip length that can be used by the editing application is determined by the sample rate of the audio:

44.1k = 13 hours maximum 
    48k = 12 hours maximum
    96k = 6 hours maximum

• Tue, Sep 20 2022 6:32 PM In reply to

• IEdge
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Aug 2 2021
    • Posts 11
    • Points 115

I was justs wondering if you ever got anywhere with this?

I just had this pop up for one of our editors. Not sure what exactly he was doing, I think he was just laying out some A-roll for a short segment.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller