Latest post Wed, Dec 8 2021 9:13 PM by Job ter Burg. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Dec 8 2021 10:33 AM

Avid Media Composer on Monterey? (Macbook M1 Pro)

Does anyone have any tips on how to get a functional Media Composer on a Monterey (12.0) based brand new apple product?

My experience with installing the latest MC version (2021.3) is that it appeared to be working at first, that when it came to playback, export, anything other than looking at the static interface, it's an unusable mess. Even the render appeared to be corrupted.

Do you think there's a way to solve this with some kind of informatic sorcery, or we're doomed to wait until avid recalls how relevant is their software and that it HAS to work on some new apple machines otherwise what's the point. Let's save the day guys.

• Wed, Dec 8 2021 9:13 PM In reply to

Re: Avid Media Composer on Monterey? (Macbook M1 Pro)

Sorry, but no Apple Silicon Macs can run any current version of MC today. And no version of MC has yet been qualified for Monterey.

You will need to wait for 2021.12 for both Apple Silicon AND Monterey support.

See https://community.avid.com/forums/t/202921.aspx

Jacopo Ramella Pajrin:
    it HAS to work on some new apple machines
    I'm quite sure the folks at Avid are very aware.

Media Composer Symphony | PT Ultimate | Win10 HPZ | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller