Latest post Mon, May 16 2022 4:35 PM by alexvenne. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Sep 27 2021 3:26 AM

• Kyle Xu
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Sep 27 2021
    • Posts 1
    • Points 25

ALE relink failed with different Tape name

I got some problems when I tried to relink master clips created from ALE. I am confused about the relink options in short film dailies workflow. The dailies filename is A001C001_210927_RJ1Y.mxf,which was transcoded using Davinci Resolve. The dailies use A001C001_210917_RJ1Y as its tape name, but the ALE uses A001RJ1Y as its tape name. The timecode is exactly the same.

I try to relink the master clip. Even if I ticked the "Target(if difference from original)" checkbox and select"Tape name or source filename" column, the relink was failed even if they have the . I also tried to tick the "ignore extensions" and "Match case when compare source name"checkbox, the relink was also failed.

I tried to select "More" in the source name column, but everything was greyed out.

I tried to use A001C001_210917_RJ1Y.mxf for ALE's tape name and A001RJ1Y for dailes tape name. I ticked the "Ignore extension" checkbox, the relink process succeed without the "Target(if difference from original)" ticked.

My questions are:

1. What do the "Original" and "Target" options referred to ? Does "Original" means master Clips?
    2. I set the "Source name" column to "Tape name and Source filename", why does the relink process fail even if the FILENAME in ALE and dailies are exactly the same? Does this mean the Source filename WILL NOT be compared when different tape name exists?
    3. Is "Ignore extension" applied to Tape name? If not, why did the Tape name A001C001_210917_RJ1Y.mxf succeed?
    4. Does the ALE relink workflow needs the ALE and Dailies to have exactly the same tape name?
    5. When do I need to tick the "Target(if difference from original)" checkbox?
    6. What makes the "More" option in Source filename column greyed out?
  • Wed, Sep 29 2021 6:27 AM In reply to

Re: ALE relink failed with different Tape name

You are aware that populating the tape name in Media Composer deletes the source file and source path metadata. Tape name is used for clips captured from tape. Tape I'd, reel etc are safe to use. 

HP Z840 3.1GHZ 20cores 128GB RAM M4000 GPU 1TB NVMe drive HP Z book 17 G2 2.7GHZ Quad core 32GB RAM Nvidia K3100M 1TB SSD drive ACI Moderator. I'm... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  Avid Certified Instructor VET (Retired Early 2022)

Still offering training and support for: QC/QAR Training - Understanding Digital Media - Advanced Files * Compression - Avid Ingest - PSE fixing courses and more.

Mainly delivered remotely via zoom but onsite possible.

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet-training.co.uk

• Mon, May 16 2022 4:35 PM In reply to

• alexvenne
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Nov 30 2020
    • Posts 16
    • Points 110

Re: ALE relink failed with different Tape name

I know this is a problem in Premiere if the audio channels of the proxies don't match the raw files, but when I click connect to full resolution media, nothing happens. There is no error message or anything about audio channels, but I still can't toggle between proxies and full res raw media. Is the only way to address this to import the red files and create proxies via premiere? Tutuapp 9Apps Showbox

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller