Latest post Wed, Sep 8 2021 7:11 PM by delU22. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Aug 24 2021 9:36 AM

• delU22
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Aug 21 2021
    • Posts 2
    • Points 10

Deletion of AVID master account and all related accounts

Since I'm no longer using any AVID products, I contacted the e-mail which should be contacted (see privacy policy) to delete my account and all my data (GDPR §17). This was over a month ago. However, even after writing multiple messages to the privacy team and contacting support, my account(s) still exist and no reply from the privacy team followed.

The GDPR requires deletion of account data as soon as possible which didn't happen in my case. Probably something went wrong internally?

Hopefully after this forum post, my data (including master account, iLok, community, etc.) will be deleted. If not, please tell me why it can't be deleted and what I can do to delete as much as possible.

"Official statement":

With this forum post I request the deletion of all my data stored at AVID per privacy policy and GDPR §17 as soon as possible (but before 2021-09-08). I do no longer use any of your services, so storing my data is no longer needed. If in any case this is not possible, I request a statement telling me why and which data cannot be deleted.

Filed under: , , , ,
  • Wed, Sep 8 2021 7:11 PM In reply to

• delU22
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Aug 21 2021
    • Posts 2
    • Points 10

Re: Deletion of AVID master account and all related accounts

Update on this post: After having been in contact with the support, they say they're still waiting on the privacy team.

Although this post is a month old, I'm still waiting. Not sure why it takes that long.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller