Latest post Sat, Aug 27 2022 4:49 AM by inkrot. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Jul 20 2021 9:06 AM

• inkrot
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Jul 20 2021
    • Posts 3
    • Points 45

Avid Codec issue

Hello! I'm not sure where the best place to post this but I'm currently trying to edit a video for a client in Vegas Pro 16. I'm not a video person by any means but I've been looking for a Codec that is lossless. I've read that the DNxHD codec can be lossless. I'm mainly a user of Avid Pro Tools so I've installed all the availble codecs at some point but the DNxHD options do not appear under the QuickTime format rendering templates. I've watched many youtube videos and users seem to have them installed no problem but they do not appear anywhere for me despite having Avid Codecs LE 2.7.6 and PE 2.7.3 installed to my machine several times.

Filed under: , ,
  • Tue, Jul 20 2021 12:47 PM In reply to

Re: Avid Codec issue

The Avid DNx Codecs aren't lossless as they are around 6:1 compression.

But they can be visually almost lossless.

What OS are you on?

For many QuickTime is a thing of the past now Apple have dropped support for it.

HP Z840 3.1GHZ 20cores 128GB RAM M4000 GPU 1TB NVMe drive HP Z book 17 G2 2.7GHZ Quad core 32GB RAM Nvidia K3100M 1TB SSD drive ACI Moderator. I'm... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  Avid Certified Instructor VET (Retired Early 2022)

Still offering training and support for: QC/QAR Training - Understanding Digital Media - Advanced Files * Compression - Avid Ingest - PSE fixing courses and more.

Mainly delivered remotely via zoom but onsite possible.

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet-training.co.uk

• Tue, Jul 20 2021 5:12 PM In reply to

• inkrot
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 3
    • Points 45

Well as long as it's almost visually lossless I'm ok with that haha. I just have to render a section of a video several times for a time lapse due to Vegas Pro letting you only time stretch a certain amount.

I'm currently on Windows 10 with a newly upgraded gaming computer. I have several other Codecs that came with Vegas Pro but I don't believe it detects the DNxHD codecs and I don't know how to get ProRes on my machine.

• Mon, Jul 25 2022 6:50 AM In reply to

I tried to download the AVID Quicktime codec pack, still to no avail. I am trying to export to a playable format but there are none installed on this computer and It doesnt seem to be letting me download echatrandom any additional ones.

• Wed, Aug 24 2022 12:01 AM In reply to

• wongi
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Aug 22 2022
    • Posts 4
    • Points 25

Hi, did you manage to install it?

Mini Militia App Lock

• Sat, Aug 27 2022 4:49 AM In reply to

• inkrot
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 3
    • Points 45

I did actually. Apparently although Vegas Pro 16 said it supported avid codec's it's didn't fully support them until 19. I installed Davinci Resolve and it was able to see all of the installed codecs just fine. So technically they were always installed just the program I used didn't read anything correctly.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller