Latest post Mon, Jun 21 2021 4:33 PM by camoscato. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Jun 21 2021 1:45 PM

• EMK
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Jun 21 2021
    • Posts 1
    • Points 15

Avid Poor Customer Service problem

I decided to buy the one time purchase of Avid's Protools software last year in mid June to help myself get into the industry once the virus we are still suffering through had stopped rampaging across the globe as it was in full swing at the time. Being off work and with a little cash to spare, I decided to buy the "One time payment" option to learn the industry standard for audio manipulation as I knew I would be using this version of Protools for a long time and the one time payment would be cheaper than the many months I would be using it under the subscription model.

Yesterday, I came to find out that despite thinking I only had to pay once, an aditional 195 pounds had been taken from my account. I pursued this matter a little with a representative and found that an auto-renewal of the support and features I hadn't been using and so had no idea it was there, had been the cause of the charge.

Looking back at the original product page from what I bought, it says:

"*The included Pro Tools 1-Year Software Updates + Support Plan gives you access to all new Pro Tools software releases, UVI Falcon, over 3 GB of additional sound content, and Standard support (unlike Pro Tools subscription offerings, HEAT is not included). You must renew your plan annually if you’d like to continue receiving access to these items. Your plan can only be renewed up until 30 days after the expiration date. If you do not renew your plan, you can still use Pro Tools and its core set of plugins at the last version downloaded. If you change your mind or want to update your software later, you can purchase a new Pro Tools 1-Year Software Updates + Support Plan to reinstate your access to all of these benefits."

The phrase "You must renew you plan annually" gives me the impression that the auto-renewal would be set to off, or at least that a warning to me would be submitted that I was about to have a not insignificant chunk of my savings taken from me.

Aside from that, the representative I had was very callous, especially in the economic climate right now, that no refunds could be given as it was policy, despite my email to them literally on the same day as the payment having been taken out.

This whole ordeal has left a very sour taste in my mouth. I really wouldn't want to buy anything else from Avid in the future if I can expect random bills that I can't refund for things I don't want.

• Mon, Jun 21 2021 4:33 PM In reply to

Re: Avid Poor Customer Service problem

Hi,

You should send an email to Raff Condalor (raff.condalor@avid.com).  He is Avid's customer advocate, and while I don't guarantee he can help you, if anyone can it is Raff. Also, just FYI this is the forum for Avid flim & video products. If you need help with ProTools in the future, the forum for audio products such as Pro Tools is here:

https://duc.avid.com/

Media Composer 2022.10 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Blackmagic UltraStudio Mini... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller