Latest post Tue, Jan 17 2017 7:41 AM by IngmarBergman. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Jan 12 2017 10:07 PM

Roundtripping MC 7.0.3 to 8.6.3 and back

Hello all,

I am facing the prospect of temporarily taking a 7.0.3 originated project on to an 8.6.3 system, doing some work, and then bringing it back to the original 7.0.3 system. Has anyone happened to have had this experience, and did it work smoothly?  I know it's a rather specific set of parameters.  Thanks in advance for any thoughts or conjecture someone might have, I appreciate it.

Bret

• Fri, Jan 13 2017 4:56 AM In reply to

Re: Roundtripping MC 7.0.3 to 8.6.3 and back

I do not see any technical issues in this setup.  If AMA linking (called Linking in MC 8.6) it is possible that you may have different AMA plug in that may cause problems.  I would make sure any AMA footage was transcoded before the move fro Mc 7 to MC 8.6.

My biggest concern would be that MC made alot of UI changes (menu changes) with MC 8.4 and later. These may catch you out (make it slower than you expected) if you have not used the newer interface before.  I move between earlier MC versions and the later than 8.4 versions reasonably often and still curse the UI changes on a regular basis. Huh?

• Fri, Jan 13 2017 5:40 PM In reply to

And don't use FrameFlex... :)

Symphony v2019 | OS 10.13.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

• Tue, Jan 17 2017 7:41 AM In reply to

Thanks to you both for taking the time to give your input.  It did indeed work out just fine.

Thanks again!

Bret

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller