Latest post Sat, Jan 14 2017 11:43 PM by Tiger_XP. 16 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (17 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Jan 5 2017 9:11 PM

audio crackling sounds

I am editing .mov files in avid 7.0.5. The last two video projects I've worked on has had an audio issue of making crackling sounds while playing clips in the timeline. The crackling sounds are not always heard at certain timecode spots and seem to vary how frequently the crackling is heard. Generally the issue of crackling sounds and audio error messages become more frequent the more edits I make in the timeline. I also hear the crackling sounds from the exported videos.

• Fri, Jan 6 2017 5:29 PM In reply to

Re: audio crackling sounds

Do you have an I/O device attached?

Could it be a sample rate issue?

Symphony v2019 | OS 10.13.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

• Fri, Jan 6 2017 8:15 PM In reply to

The only I/O decices I've been using are a keyboard plugged in through a usb cord and have been using wireless mouse. Do you know of either of these to be known to cause issues with software?

• Fri, Jan 6 2017 8:30 PM In reply to

As a long shot if it is easy for you to uninstall MC 7.0.5 and then reinstall then I would try that.   I used to get your sort of issue a very long time ago when my DigiIO preference was corrupting. Forcing MC to rebuild this IO used to work for me.

• Fri, Jan 6 2017 9:20 PM In reply to

If you are speaking of uninstalling my Avid 7.0.5 and reinstall, I have already tried that with no imrovement. I also trashed my user profile just in case, and also no improvement.

• Fri, Jan 6 2017 9:31 PM In reply to

Okay. Have you or is it worth your while resetting your Macs PRAM . (Easy after a Google search for mac reset pram)

• Fri, Jan 6 2017 9:40 PM In reply to

I suppose this is worth trying, although I am only having issues with avid, and nothing else.

• Fri, Jan 6 2017 10:06 PM In reply to

• Tom Pearson
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Mar 1 2007
    • Los Angeles CA / Dallas TX
    • Posts 2,213
    • Points 23,820

is the issue following when you mix down or transcode? 

Mac Pro 3.5 gig 6 core 64 gig ram D700 radons with ssd os drive with a 20 tb raid, Artist Mix and Artist color Artist control [view my complete system specs]

Tom Pearson

Director/Writer Big Picture Films

Sound Designer/Sound Editor Hollywood Sounds

WWLD

• Fri, Jan 6 2017 10:14 PM In reply to

I AMA linked my files then transcoded all my video clips before begining to edit. When I do an audio mixdown, I still hear some crackling sounds.

• Sat, Jan 7 2017 4:53 PM In reply to

• jef
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Sun, Feb 26 2006
    • Maryland
    • Posts 4,091
    • Points 49,325

If you export this mixdown as a Wav file and listen to it at the desktop level, are crackles still present?

Jef

Avid DS 11.0.2 R.I.P | MC "Well, it depends ..." 2021 iMac w Big Sur [view my complete system specs]

Jef Huey

Senior Editor

• Thu, Jan 12 2017 10:22 PM In reply to

• Tom Pearson
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Mar 1 2007
    • Los Angeles CA / Dallas TX
    • Posts 2,213
    • Points 23,820

any update on if it's still there on a audio export?

Mac Pro 3.5 gig 6 core 64 gig ram D700 radons with ssd os drive with a 20 tb raid, Artist Mix and Artist color Artist control [view my complete system specs]

Tom Pearson

Director/Writer Big Picture Films

Sound Designer/Sound Editor Hollywood Sounds

WWLD

• Thu, Jan 12 2017 10:26 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 11,592
    • Points 256,065
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Tom

I believe it is in the next update....

Marianna

Sr. Director | Customer Experience [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Jan 14 2017 6:42 PM In reply to

I still hear the crackling sounds in the export file.

• Sat, Jan 14 2017 11:06 PM In reply to

• Tiger_XP
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Feb 2 2007
    • California
    • Posts 465
    • Points 5,170

Don't know how extensive your audio plugin collection is but try one of these on the audio. I checked my UAD set and it does not include this type. If it works this should buy you time to trouble shoot and still get you project in "on time"

MacPro 2008 3.1 | 34GB Ram | Quadro 4000 980ti 960| MC 8.10 | OS 10.6.8 10.13.6 | MOTU HDX-SDI | ATTO R644| LaCie 324 [view my complete system specs]

• Sat, Jan 14 2017 11:25 PM In reply to

I'm not sure this type of plugin will work because it's not a matter of eliminating crackle at certain points. The crackling sounds come and go and and are heard at different locations and not at specific timecodes. I also get frequent error messages that will not allow me to continue to play through the timeline until I save or render. This becomes more frequent the more edits I make.

Page 1 of 2 (17 items) 1 2 Next >

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller