Latest post Fri, Aug 21 2015 8:54 AM by Jeroen van Eekeres. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Jul 30 2015 6:11 AM

flow control on 12g stacking ports between ixs and iss switch blades and flow control on 10g uplinks to switches.

Hi all,

Investigating some network degraded issues in a freshly upgraded system I have come accross the 12g and 10g flow control settings. What is weird is that on both ixs switch blades all ports RX and tx pause are off but on 6 out of 8 iss switch blades the 12g stacking ports have RX and tx pause on. This can't be correct. I would expect these all need to be set to off.

But there is also the flow control settings on the 10g ports. These need to be on when connecting 10g clients but in case of connecting switches I'm not sure. The only thing I'm sure about is that settings need to match on both sides which they don't now.

I'm having a hard time finding documentation describing how flow control should be setup on the Isis blades. There is the document from David Sheppard and of course the switch configuration files but I'm not able to draw any final conclusions.

I have also opened a case but some help here would also be appreciated.

Thanks.

From the old Apple Quadro 950 to HP Z8xx. My current own systems: 1x Z420 E5 1650 32GB memory quadro K2200, 1x XW8600, 2x 3.0Ghz Quadcore, 24GB memory... [view my complete system specs]

Jeroen van Eekeres 

Technical director, Broadcast support engineer, Avid ACSR.

Always have a backup of your projects....Always!!!! Yes Always!!!!

A.V.I.D....... Another Version In Development

www.mediaoffline.com

• Sat, Aug 8 2015 9:13 AM In reply to

Re: flow control on 12g stacking ports between ixs and iss switch blades and flow control on 10g uplinks to switches.

Bump.

From the old Apple Quadro 950 to HP Z8xx. My current own systems: 1x Z420 E5 1650 32GB memory quadro K2200, 1x XW8600, 2x 3.0Ghz Quadcore, 24GB memory... [view my complete system specs]

Jeroen van Eekeres 

www.mediaoffline.com

• Thu, Aug 13 2015 5:47 PM In reply to

Re: flow control on 12g stacking ports between ixs and iss switch blades and flow control on 10g uplinks to switches.

BumpSad

Most of the MC/NC, Interplay, Nexis, ISIS, Unity stuff. [view my complete system specs]

Avid reseller ACSR at Telmaco

http://www.telmaco.gr/en/

• Sat, Aug 15 2015 2:55 AM In reply to

• BobRusso
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • New Jersey
    • Posts 2,415
    • Points 29,965
    • Avid Employee
      Moderator: Avid ISIS
      Moderator: Avid NEXIS PRO
      Moderator: Avid Storage Products

I checked with engineering and believe this is a display issue. Try rebooting the switch that is reporting the disabled stack port and it should fix the issue.

https://www.youtube.com/avidevangelistbob [view my complete system specs]

-- Bob Russo Post-Production Workflow Manager - NFL Films

Bob Russo on Expert Connections

• Mon, Aug 17 2015 7:34 PM In reply to

Hi Bob,

I don't know if you mean something else but we are not having any disabled stack ports. I'm seeing incorrect flow control settings on ISS 12G stacking ports and possibly ISS 10G ports connecting to the cisco switches. Of course we will reboot the switches as you suggest and also try rebuilding the stacks as support suggested. But before doing so I would like to ask you the following: 

On the ISS web management pages there is the advanced tab.

Now as an Avid reseller support tech I'm of course not Avid personnel. Still I'm hoping that it is possible to get some info on the available 'shell commands' and if the 'Access configuration' means that the switches will be accessible through telnet or ssh when selecting 'allow remote access'?

Thanks for your help.

Jeroen van Eekeres 

www.mediaoffline.com

• Fri, Aug 21 2015 8:54 AM In reply to

Bump.

Jeroen van Eekeres 

www.mediaoffline.com

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller