Latest post Fri, Oct 17 2014 6:01 AM by Job ter Burg. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Oct 16 2014 9:05 PM

• Tim
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Oct 12 2010
    • Lock Haven, Pa
    • Posts 63
    • Points 1,115

Ipad video into Media Composer?

I have a student that wanted to import a video from their Ipad into Avid Media Composer.  First problem I noticed was that the student didn't hold the ipad in landscape position when filming (and I use the term filming loosly).

Second, not thinking this was going to be too much of a problem, after importing the file we have no video.  Audio plays fine and it seems like Avid took it's time creating the video so I assume something is there- or not.

Is there an import setting that might not be set correctly, or is there another method of getting this video into Avid?   I tried the AMA linking and all I get is a green screen with audio.  Clip plays fine in my VLC player in Windows.  Is there some special plugin I need?

How about if a student wants to import a video from their android phone?  Is there a way to do that?  Somehow I know it's going to come up soon...

HP SB-Z400 Workstation, Intel® Xeon® Six-Core Processor W3680 3.33 GHz, 12 MB cache, 1333 MHz memory, 12GB RAM, PNY-1 FX4800 video card, Windows 7 Pro... [view my complete system specs]
    Filed under:
  • Thu, Oct 16 2014 9:53 PM In reply to

• smrpix
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 5 2012
    • Posts 1,485
    • Points 18,495

Re: Ipad video into Media Composer?

AMA linking has always worked for me for ipad and iphone videos, not sure why it doesn't work for you.

Since Sorenson Squeeze comes with Avid you can use that to convert the files to a suitable flavor of DNxHD and fast-import that.  You can choose whether to leave it incorrectly rotated to maximise quality.

• Fri, Oct 17 2014 6:01 AM In reply to

Re: Ipad video into Media Composer?

Media Composer does not like linking to "portrait" QuickTimes. Open in MoviePlayer and rotate display to be landscape. AMA link, then use a DVE to rotate back as needed. 

Media Composer Symphony | PT Ultimate | Win10 HPZ | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller