Latest post Wed, Sep 11 2013 8:33 PM by FutureX. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Apr 8 2013 3:57 PM

• curtisn
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Irving, TX
    • Posts 27
    • Points 285

unknown component width

I'm bringing in a file via AMA. The file is QT ProRes 422 720x480. It's listed in the bin as "Apple ProRes HQ [DV 480] (NTSC)".  Pixel Apect ratio is 1.185.
    When I attempt to play it, I get an error "unknown component width".
    The file will open in QT Player. It will import to Symphony, but being 26 min long it will take 1.5 hours, I don't want to do that.
    If I ipen it in Squeeze, I can convert it to Motion JPEG, and it AMA'd fine. But again, time I don't want to spend, and create more data. I may have more files on the way from the same source, so I want to avoid spending all day re-encoding.
    What do I need to do to get this file to work as an AMA clip?

Thanks!

Symphony 6.5.2, Win7

MC 8.5, HP Z840, NitrisDX [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Sep 11 2013 8:33 PM In reply to

• FutureX
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 139
    • Points 1,795

Re: unknown component width

Having the same problem but we can't even AMA the clip at all with out getting this same error message.  Source files are QT ProRes LT 29.97 720x480 and play fine in QuickTime Player.  Any other solution to this besides re-encoding to another codec?  We're on MC 6.  

Other clips AMA link fine we're only having problems with clips that were created by an outside editor ripping DVDs to the ProRes LT codec.  My guess is that the media is somehow slightly corrupt even though it plays fine in QuickTime player.

FutureX

2 x 3.0GHz 8-Core Hackintosh OS 10.8.4 64GB RAM eVGA GTX 670 4GB Video Card SSD System Drive 4x2TB RAID 0 Blackmagic DeckLink HD Extreme 3D [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller