Latest post Fri, Sep 9 2011 2:58 AM by AndrewAction. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Sep 9 2011 2:05 AM

• jensenmoon
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Sep 9 2011
    • Posts 1
    • Points 25

iLok & Licenses

Greetings,

I recently purchased a new MacBook Pro so that I can edit while I'm away from home. Is it possible to have my MC5 on both my Mac Pro as well as my MacBook Pro? Can I store my serial onto my iLok so that I can jump back and forth between machines? I do this with Pro Tools on these two computers but was wondering if I can do it with MC5 and I haven't been able to find the answer out there yet. Thank you in advance.

• Fri, Sep 9 2011 2:58 AM In reply to

Re: iLok & Licenses

iLok is not supported for Media Composer.  However, you can buy a dongle for $295.  If interested, contact Avid Inside Sales.

Symphony 8.8.x w/Avid Nitris DX, HP z420, Windows 10, QT v7.7.x, Hexa Core 3.2GHz, 16GB RAM, nVidia Quadro Series 2000 w/353.82. 2TB Boot, 2 x 3TB internal... [view my complete system specs]

"There are few technological barriers.  You can fix almost anything if you throw enough money at it."
    Randall L. Rike, ACI, ACSR Mac*Win*Unity*ISIS*DS
    Systems Engineer @ BET Networks [a Viacom company]
    (wwld)

• Fri, Sep 9 2011 2:58 AM In reply to

Re: iLok & Licenses

You could with an Avid dongle. Not with the iLok.

With software activation you can however deactivate the MC software on one computer and reactivate it on the other.  You can repeat this process as often as you want

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller