Latest post Wed, Jul 27 2011 1:08 PM by Pat Horridge. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Jul 26 2011 2:24 PM

• TSCalvh
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, May 17 2011
    • Posts 8
    • Points 130

Crying [:'(] Sony HVR-M15AE

HI AviD Community

I have had this issue previously but as I moved to XDcam HD and HDcam projects forgot to get the answer but now once again am back facing my old fear which is "dvcam". On capturing all seems fine if not connected through any hardware be it Adrenaline or Mojo. The problem comes in playing out. Client realized can't through mojo and is attempting to playout straight from machine but to no avail. They also do not have the HVR-M15AE template on there system which is a Avid Express HD with Mojo they bought 3 years ago.

I am running Avid MC ver 5.5.1 HP X5450 with 8GB memory Windows 7 but also have same problem unless I switch to ignore time on the output tool which is obviously not first prize if timecodes have to be accurate.

I checked and I also do not have the machine template for the HVR-M15AE. have for the 10U 25U and M35E and M35.

Now would finding the correct machine template help at all. Is this a DVCAM Format Issue. Is it an Avid Issue I don't now? Please any help?

• Tue, Jul 26 2011 2:58 PM In reply to

Re: Sony HVR-M15AE

It's unlikely the machine template will make a big difference. You can manually select one of the templates you have and try them anyway.

What is your playout issue? Are you sure the HVR-M15AE can perform edit functions? Most lower end decks do playback and record (crash record) but not assemble or insert.

HP Z840 3.1GHZ 20cores 128GB RAM M4000 GPU 1TB NVMe drive HP Z book 17 G2 2.7GHZ Quad core 32GB RAM Nvidia K3100M 1TB SSD drive ACI Moderator. I'm... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  Avid Certified Instructor VET (Retired Early 2022)

Still offering training and support for: QC/QAR Training - Understanding Digital Media - Advanced Files * Compression - Avid Ingest - PSE fixing courses and more.

Mainly delivered remotely via zoom but onsite possible.

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet-training.co.uk

Filed under:
  • Wed, Jul 27 2011 12:16 PM In reply to

• TSCalvh
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, May 17 2011
    • Posts 8
    • Points 130

Hi Pat

Firstly thank you for responding. The playout issue we are encountering is that if we try playing out on both the xpress pro HD and media composer systems we cannot do so using sequence time or any other sort of inpoint. i can only on my media composer playout using the ignore time setting. Thus leaving us with a playout master that is not timecode accurate. 

The machine starts spooling towards the inpoint set slows down then creeps towards it, then suddenly the Avid displayes that it is playing out but the machine is in pause.

I am aware that the machine can't insert but assume that it can assemble from a point onwards?

What the client is also struggling with is that capturing seems to be a problem. They log and capture at 15:1 due to drivespace constraints then after it has been offline edited they want to batch digitize at 420 but the vt behaves in a similar manner where it would find the inpoint but then just stop which obviously confuses the Avid.

From my past experience I have come accross this but never found an answer. luckily I could then just from the start work at 420 and never needed to batch capture a sequence from dv, but unfortunetaly they are not in the same possition and always have to go back to source material and batch capture clips.

Would a bigger machine that can accomodate normal serial port machine control and component output handle beter than the firewire? Or any other suggestions?

• Wed, Jul 27 2011 1:08 PM In reply to

For a deck to beale to assembel edit it needs to be an edit recorder. An assemble edit is basically an insert edit that switches to a full record.

I suspect the Avid is sending the assemble edit comand and the deck doesn't know what to do so it just hangs.

I presume crash record works ok?

HP Z840 3.1GHZ 20cores 128GB RAM M4000 GPU 1TB NVMe drive HP Z book 17 G2 2.7GHZ Quad core 32GB RAM Nvidia K3100M 1TB SSD drive ACI Moderator. I'm... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  Avid Certified Instructor VET (Retired Early 2022)

Still offering training and support for: QC/QAR Training - Understanding Digital Media - Advanced Files * Compression - Avid Ingest - PSE fixing courses and more.

Mainly delivered remotely via zoom but onsite possible.

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet-training.co.uk

Filed under:
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller