Latest post Sun, Dec 9 2012 5:38 PM by Joachim Claus. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Sep 20 2010 3:40 PM

Capture Issues with JVC GY-HD250

I have been given some regular DV tapes to capture for a project I'm working and I've been trying to capture through our MOJO DX with our new JVC 250's and I can get avid too show what is on the view finder but Avid will not control the deck. I can hit play on the cam and the video shows up fine in the record monitor but it won't capture or control the cam in any way.

Is there a setting I'm missing in Avid or on the camera, I feel like it's something with the camera as I usually don't have any issue capture with avid. Thanks

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.0GHz Kingston Hyper X RAM x 2GB Evga 780i Nforce Sli Evga 8800GTS 512 Seagate HDD's 320GB and 1TB [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Sep 20 2010 4:00 PM In reply to

Re: Capture Issues with JVC GY-HD250

First, make sure the settings on your camera are for VTR emulation, not camera recording. Then, go into the deck configuration settings and add a channel "Firewire on OHCI" and link it to either the exact make and model machine template, or an appropriate "Generic DV device" template.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Mon, Sep 20 2010 5:25 PM In reply to

Ok I've set the Cam to VTR mode and added the cam though the deck cofiguration and tried using both the device listed and using the gernic device but it still dosn't controll the cam.

It says no tape selected so when I go to add a new tape is says the deck is empty or turned off or offline and asks if I want to make a new tape anyway.

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.0GHz Kingston Hyper X RAM x 2GB Evga 780i Nforce Sli Evga 8800GTS 512 Seagate HDD's 320GB and 1TB [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Dec 3 2012 6:45 PM In reply to

Same happen to me and the only solution was capture with final cut pro X and them a mkae the transfer for avid Symphony

Symphony 6.5.0.1 - Pro Tools 10.3.2 - Mac Pro Mountain Lion OS 10.8.2 Processor 2 x 2.93 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon, Memory 16 GB 1066 MHz DDR3 ECC, Graphics... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Dec 9 2012 5:38 PM In reply to

• Joachim Claus
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Seeheim-Jugenheim, Germany
    • Posts 948
    • Points 12,235

flashpoint08:

It says no tape selected so when I go to add a new tape is says the deck is empty or turned off or offline and asks if I want to make a new tape anyway.

1. The first check to be done is, whether Windows detects your camcorder when connected to the Pc via firewire. Check in device manager, whether it is shown under A/V devices.

If your camcorder is detected goto step3.

2. If your camcorder is not detected, change the firewire driver to "OHCI-conform driver (legacy)..." This can be done by right.click on the firewire device and selection of "Update Driver". Then do not let Windows automatically select the driver. Manually select the driver from the list.

3. Connct the camcorder, and then start MC. Go to Settings, Deck Configuration. Delete the current channel, by selecting it and then delete. Then click on "Add Channel" and select "Firewire" and 2OHCI" for the port. Click o.k. Do not let MC automatically add a tapedeck. Click on "Add Deck" and selct GY-HD250 under the JVC decks.

Now your camcorder should work with MC.

When you open the Capture Tool, make sure you have selected "HDV", as per default the capture tool starts with DVCPro.

Good luck,

Joachim

SuperMicro Workstation 7048A-T Dual Xeon (10 cores) E5-2640v4 2.4GHz 128 GB RAM, PNY P4000, 1 PCIe SSD 400 GB (Intel SSDPEDMW400G4) 1 SSD 2 TB for UHD... [view my complete system specs]

Joachim Claus

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller