Latest post Thu, Sep 8 2011 6:41 PM by dougforbes1. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Sep 15 2010 12:06 AM

• Hylian99
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Sep 14 2010
    • Posts 1
    • Points 15

Capturing 24p Video with the Canon Vixia HV30

Sorry, I know this issue has come up ten thousand times in these forums, but none of them seem to come to a real, encompassing solution. Here goes:

I have the Canon HV30. Great consumer camera, captures great video, 24p looks awesome, so on. If I switch the output to DV (even though I shot HDV 24p video), Avid recognizes it as a generic device no problem, I can capture whatever the heck I want.

However, if I try to capture my HDV 24p video in HD, Avid either ignores the camera's very existence, or allows me to control the camera, even though it doesn't actually show or capture any video. I really don't know what to do. Can someone please help me?

PS: I don't care about being able to edit it in 24 fps. I just want to HAVE IT ON MY COMPUTER.

PPS: If there's a free or cheap program for Mac that can reliably capture this video, that's good too!

Filed under: , , , , , ,
  • Thu, Sep 8 2011 6:41 PM In reply to

Re: Capturing 24p Video with the Canon Vixia HV30

Well on my system, I can see the video from a vixia 20 and I can see the TC in the dig tool but it wont capture the video.  If I turn off the TC on the dig tool it tales the video fine, thats all I've been able to do and my best techie says its a problem that wont be fixed until the next version.  _doug

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller