Latest post Tue, Dec 22 2009 7:49 PM by Mark Renz. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Dec 19 2009 8:09 PM

• giff
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 1
    • Points 15

Analog audio input disappeared

I have used my Sony PDX-10 for 6 years to capture analog video and audio to Xpress Pro and now Media Composer 3.5.4 on a Mac G5 & G4 (AV cable in, firewire out to computer). Suddenly the audio stopped working. The video still feeds through. I can still capture from the DV tapes and the camera will record the AV to tape, but the audio no longer feeds through when not recording. I have changed every setting I could think of and changed the video and firewire cables, but nothing worked. Any ideas?

• Tue, Dec 22 2009 7:49 PM In reply to

• Mark Renz
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Feb 21 2006
    • Kansas City, MO
    • Posts 1,043
    • Points 13,070

Re: Analog audio input disappeared

This "feature" was removed in later versions of Xpress pro and most MC versions. You can get around it by rolling a tape in the camera as you are passing the signal through.

This may border on speculation but I assume it was removed to up the sales of the MOJOs. I used a Promax DA max to get SDI and analog into our Xpress system for offlining.

What I did in the past was to keep dual partitions on a system with Xpress Pro 5.2 and MC. When I need to capture anything with analog audio on this system I used Xpress pro to capture then switch over to MC to edit. It hasn't been an issue for us as of late as we are on a unity and I can just capture on another system.

Media Composer Nitris DX 2018.12.15 with Symphony option Win10 64Gb Ram * Media Composer 8.8 with Symphony option Nitris DX Dual 2.66GHz "Westmere"... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller