Latest post Tue, Nov 4 2008 3:22 AM by Chad. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Nov 3 2008 9:27 PM

• PeteEdit
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, May 20 2006
    • Posts 74
    • Points 1,215

Green Line on the side of the screen

I never really had much luck capturing DV on any avid and this is no exception.

I just captured 1 hour of DV material (It was downconverted - originally shot on a Sony Z1 as HDV) and there is a 2 pixel green line on the right edge of the screen when I play the footage. When the video is still, the green lines are not there. The video is 16:9 and I am viewing the footage as 16:9.

Anyone else have this issue or any suggestions to correct this?  

Media Composer 3, Dell Precision m6300 (All Avid Specs)

• Mon, Nov 3 2008 9:35 PM In reply to

Re: Green Line on the side of the screen

Since the line disappears when not playing, I'd suggest exporting a wee slice of your timeline with that footage, to a QT Ref, and have a look at it outside of Avid in the Quicktime Player.

That'll help diagnose whether it's purely an Avid issue, or perhaps something actually media-related.

MSI Neo-2 Platinum Nforce3 Ultra (Bios Rev 1.0D) Athlon64 X2 4200+ (Overclocked to 2 x 2.4GHz) AMD Cool'N'Quiet CPU Throttling 2GB Corsair PC3200... [view my complete system specs]

"When the waters are at their calmest, that's when folk most want to skim their pebbles." - Me

"Be water my friend." - Bruce Lee

• Mon, Nov 3 2008 9:52 PM In reply to

No luck capturing DV? I think there are quite a few users around here that can. Can you elaborate on your problems? Green line at the right side? We have seen green lines (video lines) at the top of the screen but this one is a new one for me. How was the downconversion done from HDV to DV? Green line disappearing when not playing video makes me wonder.

Can you give detailes specs: software versions (QT, driver of your videocard, etc), hardware installed etc. Screenshot of the problem if that can be done)

Dell Precision 670, Xeon 3Ghz 3GB Memory 1 x 250 systemdisk, Gb 2x500 Gb datadisks, 4x 1Tb datadisks, Soundblaster Audigy, Quadro FX 1400, MC latest, Mojo... [view my complete system specs]

http://www.AvidUserGroup.NL fcp2avid

"The Technology Is Not Guilty" - Nicolas Philibert quoted in "Documentary in the digital age" by Maxine Baker (2006)

• Tue, Nov 4 2008 3:22 AM In reply to

• Chad
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Oct 14 2005
    • Sydney, Australia
    • Posts 101
    • Points 1,190

There is a green line issue with PAL capture via SDI on DX hardware when using MC3, but I hadn't heard of the same issue for DV.  Are you capturing via SDI.

Avid MCA 3.0 on WinXP SP2 3Gb RAM [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller