Latest post Fri, Feb 11 2022 4:43 PM by NoLayupRule. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Dec 6 2006 6:18 PM

Unwanted zoomed image in Trim Mode

One of my editors is getting zoomed images when he enters trim mode.  I have never seen this.  Is it a feature? And can we stop it?  Ctrl-K and Ctrl-L don't seem to help...
  • Wed, Dec 6 2006 10:55 PM In reply to

Re: Unwanted zoomed image in Trim Mode

zoomed where?
    Dell Precision 670, Xeon 3Ghz 3GB Memory 1 x 250 systemdisk, Gb 2x500 Gb datadisks, 4x 1Tb datadisks, Soundblaster Audigy, Quadro FX 1400, MC latest, Mojo... [view my complete system specs]

http://www.AvidUserGroup.NL fcp2avid

"The Technology Is Not Guilty" - Nicolas Philibert quoted in "Documentary in the digital age" by Maxine Baker (2006)

• Thu, Dec 7 2006 11:27 AM In reply to

Oh I've had that too - I can never work out how to reset it short of rebooting Avid.

In answer to jknikman - the images in the source and/or record windows are "zoomed in" only when in trim mode (i.e. the images representing head and tails of the edit).

Media Composer 8.1; Matrox MX02/Avid Mojo DX;HP XW8400 Win7 x64 Pro. [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Mar 5 2014 8:35 PM In reply to

*SOLUTION*

Found this 8 year old thread while searching for a solution to the same problem in Media Composer 6.5.4, figured it out so I'm posting here for others.

When in trim mode you can comand-click on either monitor to zoom in. The annoying part is Media Composer retains your last setting, to zoom back out to the full image simply shift-command-click on the monitor :)

MacBook Pro 2.6GHz, 2GB RAM, OS 10.5.8, MC 4.0.2, QT 7.6.2 [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Feb 11 2022 4:43 PM In reply to

yes this is the fix - thank you!

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller