Latest post Thu, Nov 17 2022 5:34 PM by Pat Horridge. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Nov 17 2022 4:45 AM

• ADG
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Feb 14 2018
    • Posts 17
    • Points 280

Need Help with AAF - media is offline when moving files

Hi,

I am hoping someone can give me some advice with a problem I am having with AAF material going offline. 

-When completing important projects I AAF the sequence off to an external hard drive.

-Once the AAF is complete I go to a different project, open a new bin and drag in the AAF file from my external hard drive to test that it works. I also eject the hard drive to ensure that the media goes offline, then reconnect the USB to see the media come back online.

-From here I copy the 3 files on my hard drive (aaf file, Avid mediafiles folder and OMFI media files folder) to my NAS (which has project specific archive folders and delete the three files on my external hard drive.

-When I test the AAF file that is now on the NAS the media is all offline (even though it is in the NAS) and I can't relink.

Can anyone help me. I apologise if this is a question that has been covered in the past.

Kind regards,

A

Filed under: , , , ,
  • Thu, Nov 17 2022 5:34 PM In reply to

Re: Need Help with AAF - media is offline when moving files

Is this Avid media (not AMA linked source media)

I suspect Avid can't see the avid media on your NAS because its not at root drive level.

If you move the AVid media from the NAS to the correct Avid MediaFiles folder structure at local drive level it will link ok.

HP Z840 3.1GHZ 20cores 128GB RAM M4000 GPU 1TB NVMe drive HP Z book 17 G2 2.7GHZ Quad core 32GB RAM Nvidia K3100M 1TB SSD drive ACI Moderator. I'm... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  Avid Certified Instructor VET (Retired Early 2022)

Still offering training and support for: QC/QAR Training - Understanding Digital Media - Advanced Files * Compression - Avid Ingest - PSE fixing courses and more.

Mainly delivered remotely via zoom but onsite possible.

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet-training.co.uk

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller