Latest post Sat, Nov 19 2022 10:16 AM by Ignacio Calvo. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Nov 15 2022 5:20 PM

Transcode

Hello. 

I need some help. I´m working with some footage form Sony A7 that I must link and then transcode. I´m not able to import directly from "media browse". I would like to transcode to dnx36, to edit and the make a batch import of that media at 185X. 

Is that possible? beacuse Ofcouse when I transcode it generates a new file in the bin, but I can not make batch import to that file. 

may someone help me thankx. 

best

Nacho. 

• Tue, Nov 15 2022 7:51 PM In reply to

Re: Transcode

Import and its fellow function batch import aren't really used any more it's mainly for legacy workflows.

So you link you clips onto a bin.

Transcode those clips to DNX LB (which is dnx36)

That makes new clips that you edit with.

At the conform the final sequence is just relinked to the original AMA clips and you are then working with the source media. 

HP Z840 3.1GHZ 20cores 128GB RAM M4000 GPU 1TB NVMe drive HP Z book 17 G2 2.7GHZ Quad core 32GB RAM Nvidia K3100M 1TB SSD drive ACI Moderator. I'm... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  Avid Certified Instructor VET (Retired Early 2022)

Still offering training and support for: QC/QAR Training - Understanding Digital Media - Advanced Files * Compression - Avid Ingest - PSE fixing courses and more.

Mainly delivered remotely via zoom but onsite possible.

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet-training.co.uk

• Sat, Nov 19 2022 10:16 AM In reply to

Re: Transcode

Nice! Finally I did it. It work perfect!

Thank you very much.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller