Latest post Fri, Nov 4 2022 6:23 PM by Dragos. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Nov 2 2022 3:58 PM

• Dragos
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Oct 19 2022
    • Posts 45
    • Points 535

Upgrade path for MC Standard subscription to Ultimate subscription

Hello all.

Is there a standard path for upgrading a MC Standard annual license (prepaid) to an Ultimate one?

I'm evaluating MC right now, got a 1 month standard license. If I decide to stay with MC, at the end of that one month I'd probably get one year of MC Standard.

If, after let's say 4 months, I decide that I need Ultimate, what would be the way to upgrade my Standard, pre-paid subscription, to Ultimate for the 8 remaining months?

Win 10 Pro 21H2, intel i7-4790, 32GB RAM, RTX2070 [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Nov 4 2022 5:13 PM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 2 2015
    • Posts 2,892
    • Points 31,995
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

Re: Upgrade path for MC Standard subscription to Ultimate subscription

Hello,

From what I know, if you subscribed to an annual plan, you cannot cancel the annual subscription. It's best to go monthly if you planning to upgrade to Ultimate.

Thanks,

RalphC

MacBook Pro 15 2018 Intel Core i7 2.6GHz Mac 10.15.7 Intel UHD 630. [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Nov 4 2022 6:23 PM In reply to

• Dragos
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Oct 19 2022
    • Posts 45
    • Points 535

Re: Upgrade path for MC Standard subscription to Ultimate subscription

RalphC:
     From what I know, if you subscribed to an annual plan, you cannot cancel the annual subscription. It's best to go monthly if you planning to upgrade to Ultimate.

Thanks.

I get what you're saying, but I wasn't talking about cancelling, I was talking about upgrading. Turning my subscription into a more expensive one.

If what you say is correct, then it seems that the much marketed subscriptions lack a fundamental feature (but I get that this omission could be very conveninent for Avid).

Win 10 Pro 21H2, intel i7-4790, 32GB RAM, RTX2070 [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller