Latest post Wed, Oct 5 2022 6:49 PM by smrpix. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Oct 4 2022 9:17 PM

• Blackburst1
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Orlando, Florida
    • Posts 62
    • Points 810

DNxHD w/ Alpha output from After Effects no longer working

Running MC 2022.7. Been using DNxHD out of After Effects for years for our graphics. Today it stopped working, giving a CORE_CONSISTENCY_CHECK_FAILURE error in MC when opening the clips after importing.

After a little poking around it looks like After Effects just updated to version 22.6. I've already posted on the AFX support forum but some folks over there mentioned it was a problem also having to do with AVID and the DNxHD codecs they've given to Adobe to bundle with AFX.

Any ideas on a fix would be appreciated. Right now we're working around it by reding to ProRes4444 w/ alpha and converting it do DNxHD-SQ on import, but its slower and annoying to work that wya.

- Avid Media Composer 2022.4 - Dell Precision 3660 - Intel 12th Gen Core i9-12900k 3.2Ghz(base)-5.2Ghz(boost) 16 core - 64GB DDR5-4400 Ghz Ram ... [view my complete system specs]

Walter Lowe
    Blackburst Entertainment
    wlowe@blackburst.net
    http://blackburstentertainment.com

• Tue, Oct 4 2022 9:36 PM In reply to

Re: DNxHD w/ Alpha output from After Effects no longer working

Hi, 

What is the workflow to ingest the converted After Effects files into Media Composer?

Are you scaning in the DNx, Importing, Linking/transcoding it?

Editing Movie Magic.

My Equipment & System Specs

Media Composer Ultimate 2022.7 | Pro Tools Studio 2022.7 | Avid Play | Sibelius Artist 2022.7

• Wed, Oct 5 2022 2:58 PM In reply to

• Blackburst1
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Orlando, Florida
    • Posts 62
    • Points 810

Thanks Philip,

My usual workflow is rending out of AFX as a DNxHD Quicktime. They aren't converted, they are created as DNxHD. In Avid I use the "Import" fuction. Not familiar with "scaning DNx", and I generally dont do link/transcode for graphics, although I use it for video footage normally. They usually come in as a "Fast Import", which means it isn't transcoding.

- Avid Media Composer 2022.4 - Dell Precision 3660 - Intel 12th Gen Core i9-12900k 3.2Ghz(base)-5.2Ghz(boost) 16 core - 64GB DDR5-4400 Ghz Ram ... [view my complete system specs]

Walter Lowe
    Blackburst Entertainment
    wlowe@blackburst.net
    http://blackburstentertainment.com

• Wed, Oct 5 2022 6:49 PM In reply to

• smrpix
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 5 2012
    • Posts 1,483
    • Points 18,465

You can speed up your "workaround" a little by doing your ProRes4444 w/Alpha out of AE, linking to that with Avid and simply consolidating the ProRes rather than transcoding to DNx.  But yes, Adobe will not output DNx with an alpha channel these days.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller