Latest post Tue, Sep 27 2022 4:37 PM by FCD. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Sep 14 2022 6:21 PM

Impossible to get in touch with anyone at Avid re my Media Composer Subscription

My MC subscription just stopped working no where near when it was supposed to and I cannot figure out how to get in contact with anyone. Chat is not available and everytime time try to make a ticket goes to some annoying bot. How can I either email or talk to a real person. My Credit card has been charged for complete year but I have been cut of. Help please

• Wed, Sep 14 2022 7:59 PM In reply to

• mcdannyj
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Oct 9 2011
    • Posts 83
    • Points 1,135

Re: Impossible to get in touch with anyone at Avid re my Media Composer Subscription

Hey there!

I don’t have his email address handy but you should reach out to Chris Bové. You can find him through any number of posts here, or via the Facebook Avid editors group. Dunno how busy he is at the moment but he's super helpful and should be able to get you some proper Avid support. I'm sure you'll get this issue fixed. 

2019 Macbook Pro 2.4 GHz Intel 8 Core i9 ● 64 GB RAM ● 32" Asus Proart PA329C Display ● Media Composer 22.7.0 (on Mac OS X 12.4) [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Sep 14 2022 8:01 PM In reply to

Re: Impossible to get in touch with anyone at Avid re my Media Composer Subscription

Thanks but I cannot see why it's so impossible just to email or chat with someone. 

All the best

• Wed, Sep 14 2022 8:07 PM In reply to

• mcdannyj
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Oct 9 2011
    • Posts 83
    • Points 1,135

Oh I agree - Avid makes tech support a pricey option, especially for independent operators. But I did find Chris' email and I can't emphasize enough that he's great support. From one of his posts:

"Email me to create a support case: chris.bove@avid.com"

I don't think he'd object to my sharing his email. Don't hesitate to contact him.

Best of luck!

2019 Macbook Pro 2.4 GHz Intel 8 Core i9 ● 64 GB RAM ● 32" Asus Proart PA329C Display ● Media Composer 22.7.0 (on Mac OS X 12.4) [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Sep 14 2022 8:08 PM In reply to

Just need to simply speak to someone why my paid for subscription is not working. You would think that would be easy.

• Wed, Sep 14 2022 8:09 PM In reply to

Not a tech support isssue an apperantly expired subscription which is fully paid for issue.

• Thu, Sep 15 2022 11:22 AM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 2 2015
    • Posts 2,876
    • Points 31,825
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

Hi,

Did you get the issue sort out? Please email me I will start a case for you.

Thanks,

RalphC

MacBook Pro 15 2018 Intel Core i7 2.6GHz Mac 10.15.7 Intel UHD 630. [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Sep 27 2022 4:37 PM In reply to

• FCD
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Feb 3 2021
    • Posts 6
    • Points 90

I am having the same issue! on both counts actually.

It seems impossible to get a hold of anyone at Avid to get my paid subscription sorted.

And I'm not sure why my paid yearly subscription just stopped working. I had the yearly renewal go through fine a few days ago and today Avid keeps asking me for my license and not recognizing my active one.

I have started a case, but I can't understand why I can't get more timely support. Seems like a quick phone call or chat can do the trick, and not wait 24 hours to get this sorted.

Fabiola

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller