Latest post Thu, Sep 15 2022 6:58 AM by camoscato. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Sep 13 2022 2:27 PM

• paulkropfl
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Sep 13 2022
    • Posts 4
    • Points 50

Deleting clips without deleting the clips in between

Hi, First time posting. Have used this forum for years as a lurker, almost always finding the answer I need. This one has eluded me though:

I often lasso vid or audio clips I want to delete, holding Alt+Shift so I can select multiple clips at a time. But then Avid will delete any clips on the same tracks as and in between the selected clips. How do I avoid this?

I am on a mac but often remote into Windows machines to work.

Thanks!

Avid MC 2018.12.15 [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Sep 14 2022 9:43 AM In reply to

Re: Deleting clips without deleting the clips in between

If you want to select multiple clips for deletion without selecting the clips in between, you can select the first one by clicking on it, and then SHIFT+click others. Unfortunately, I don't think there's a way to do what you want using lasso and then deleting.

Media Composer 2022.10 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Blackmagic UltraStudio Mini... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Wed, Sep 14 2022 12:35 PM In reply to

• paulkropfl
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 4
    • Points 50

Thanks for the reply. I can select clips without issue. The problem is once they're selected, deleting them all at once. The unselected once delete automatically of they are in between 2 selected clips on the same track. A simple example would be if I have 3 audio clips on track A1. I select 1 and 3. I delete. Clip 2 gets deleted also, even though it is not selected. 

• Wed, Sep 14 2022 1:04 PM In reply to

paulkropfl:
    A simple example would be if I have 3 audio clips on track A1. I select 1 and 3. I delete. Clip 2 gets deleted also, even though it is not selected. 

I don't understand. In your original post you said you were using the lasso to select clips. How are you doing that in a way that you're only selecting clips 1 and 3?

Media Composer 2022.10 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Blackmagic UltraStudio Mini... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

• Wed, Sep 14 2022 1:27 PM In reply to

• paulkropfl
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 4
    • Points 50

Sorry I should have framed the question differently. Really nothing to do with the lassoing. Whether I lasso or select another way, it's when I select multiple non-consecutive clips that aren't right next to each other, the problem is the same. I want delete every other clip, but all the clips get deleted. 

• Wed, Sep 14 2022 1:34 PM In reply to

• paulkropfl
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 4
    • Points 50

Sorry I should have framed the question differently. Really nothing to do with the lassoing. Whether I lasso or select another way, it's the fact that I am selecting multiple non-consecutive clips that aren't right next to each other, where I have the problem. I want delete every other clip for example, but all the clips get deleted. The unselected clips between the selected clips disappear as well. 

• Thu, Sep 15 2022 6:58 AM In reply to

Can you post a before/after screenshot of your timeline window? It might help to see what's going on.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller