Latest post Tue, Sep 13 2022 9:22 AM by camoscato. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Sep 13 2022 4:48 AM

Media Composer on 2 computers

I'm new to AVID. I just got a macbook to work on the go after having to leave on a month long trip and now I'm trying to open Media Composer but the license is unavailable. I'm assuming I had to have deactivated it on my desktop before leaving and I should've checked. I'm having a friend deactivate it on my computer for now but just wanted to know if theres a better way to do this since I was planning on switching between my desktop and laptop often.

• Tue, Sep 13 2022 9:22 AM In reply to

Re: Media Composer on 2 computers

Hi,

Welcome to Avid! When you installed Media Composer it should also have installed an app called Avid Link. In Avid Link there's a button along the left side called 'Products'. If you click that you should see all your Avid products, and you can activate and deactivate licenses remotely from there.

If you have any trouble with licenses, you can create a case on the MyAvid support portal and someone will get to you asap. https://www.avid.com/US/support/support-contact  If you don't get anywhere with them, send an email to Chris Bové (chris.bove@avid.com) and Raff Condalor (raff.condalor@avid.com).  They are Avid's customer advocates, and can help you.

Media Composer 2022.10 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Blackmagic UltraStudio Mini... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller