Latest post Wed, Aug 17 2022 8:49 PM by dungbeetle. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Aug 8 2022 8:04 AM

• dungbeetle
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Aug 8 2022
    • Posts 2
    • Points 20

Is there a way to relink to multiple Nexis drives at once?

Hi, my show uses a tape workflow where we ingest tapes to drives on the Nexis corresponding to the show's episode number. Sometimes media from one episode can be used in another, therefore we have to relink to each episode's drive no matter which episode is getting uprezzed.

So every time we uprez, it looks like this: Right click, relink to MEDIA_01. Right click, relink to MEDIA_02. Right click, relink to MEDIA_03 and so on.

Is there a way to just select MEDIA_01 - MEDIA_10 to relink all at once?

• Wed, Aug 17 2022 1:51 PM In reply to

• Dale Gagne
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Oct 24 2011
    • Toronto, Ontario
    • Posts 187
    • Points 2,100

Re: Is there a way to relink to multiple Nexis drives at once?

The default is ALL AVAILABLE DRIVES so you could just leave that setting when you relink. As long as all of your media drives/nexis are mounted the avid will search all of them.

Avid MC 2022.7.0, Avid Mojo DX, Mac Pro, Mid 2012 (5,1), 2x2.4 ghz 6 CORE Intel Xeon, 64GB Ram, SSD bootdrive, 10.14.6, Radeon RX 580 8g[metal compatible... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Aug 17 2022 8:49 PM In reply to

• dungbeetle
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Aug 8 2022
    • Posts 2
    • Points 20

Re: Is there a way to relink to multiple Nexis drives at once?

That's a good suggestion. I usually have a bunch of offline drives mounted as well so I wonder if it will try to search those too? I'll mess with it at work today.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller