Latest post Fri, Aug 5 2022 11:06 AM by Jeroen van Eekeres. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Aug 5 2022 5:35 AM

• KamaalJema
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Jul 21 2022
    • Posts 1
    • Points 15

Avid Unity Attic

Here's the rundown. Working on a feature documentary. Avid crashed and we came to find out that the previous 3 hours of work wasn't auto saved in the attic. For some reason it was only the bin that was most important...the assembly cuts. The bin itself is probably one of our biggest so I dont know if this has anything to do with it. The other bins have been auto-saving just fine...one of them being the title bin which has about 400 titles in it. Is there a reason why this would be happening?

We're working from the ISIS storage system. There are a total of 4 avids sharing it at the moment, three of which are being used for the documentary. And it seems that two systems didn't get any autosaves for the past 3 hours. Everything previous to this is entirely fine.

We've reached the maximum amount of files per attic bin but I thought that it would just delete the least recent and create an auto save for the most recent file.

We're just trying to figure out why and how to prevent this from happening again. Especially when it gets down to the crucial cuts.

• Fri, Aug 5 2022 11:06 AM In reply to

Re: Avid Unity Attic

KamaalJema:
    We're just trying to figure out why and how to prevent this from happening again. Especially when it gets down to the crucial cuts.

Just like thousands of other editors and technicians around the world. This keeps being a recurring problem in over 10 years of media composer versions on any storage, local and shared. I have never read about any other reliable way to avoid it than renaming the attic on a regular basis.

Imho the problem is not so much that media composer stops saving backups randomly, but that it doesn't produce an error message when the problem occurs. You can work for hours, only discovering your work hasn't and isn't being saved when you hit ctrl-s and/or an error crashes you to the desktop or an error pops up not allowing you to save a copy on another location.

Most of the MC/NC, Interplay, Nexis, ISIS, Unity stuff. [view my complete system specs]

Avid reseller ACSR at Telmaco

http://www.telmaco.gr/en/

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller