Latest post Wed, Aug 3 2022 7:55 PM by tech@hireworks. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Aug 1 2022 3:36 PM

EVS XTAccess cannot write to Avid Storage with 2021+ clients

Hi all,

We've had an issue for a while now whereby EVS Xfile (XTAccess) cannot write to Avid storage with any new NEXIS clients. We've been using 20.7.5 but this has the unfortunate side effect of freezing the Windows Explorer up whenever browsing the storage.

The error given by XTA is "Cannot open target file, File Writer Failed"

Just wondering if Avid Engineering were aware of this or whether I should open a bug report?

Best,

Jon

• Mon, Aug 1 2022 8:51 PM In reply to

• NYnutz
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Nov 25 2009
    • New York City
    • Posts 440
    • Points 5,290

Re: EVS XTAccess cannot write to Avid Storage with 2021+ clients

what build of windows are those EVS servers running? can you post the output from the 'winver'

command - type directly in start.

Dave

Post Production Infrastructure Engineer

"A very big network"

• Tue, Aug 2 2022 8:50 AM In reply to

All EVS hardware runs Windows LTSB. The machines in question are running 1607. 

Thanks,

Steve

• Tue, Aug 2 2022 3:04 PM In reply to

I would roll back to 2019.12.1 (or 2020.7.3 or upgrade to 2021.3.1)  as you are on Win 10 1607

Most of the MC/NC, Interplay, Nexis, ISIS, Unity stuff. [view my complete system specs]

Avid reseller ACSR at Telmaco

http://www.telmaco.gr/en/

• Wed, Aug 3 2022 7:55 PM In reply to

Thanks for the replies.

We can run the older clients no problem (well, almost no problem, as they all have the memory leak issue mentioned on the documentation page). Our concern is more going forwards, as we like to keep the Nexis versions up to date and eventually these clients will fall off supporting later SD versions.

I'll open a bug report for it. It seems its not just EVS apps, we've now found a few apps unable to write to NEXIS on 2021+ clients.

Thanks

Jon

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller