Latest post Wed, Aug 3 2022 6:20 PM by boobu. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Jul 22 2022 5:24 PM

• boobu
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 22 2022
    • Posts 3
    • Points 35

Media Composer settings to all users

I want to add a new Dynamic Relink setting to all the users, currently this must be done manually for all old users and also for every project. The "site settings" works only if I make a new project or user. Whats the best way to add a new settings change to an old project and users?

• Sun, Jul 24 2022 11:46 AM In reply to

Re: Media Composer settings to all users

Hi, 

I would have thought making the setting a site setting would have done the trick... that doesn't do what you need it to do?

Not sure of another way...

Editing Movie Magic.

My Equipment & System Specs

Media Composer Ultimate 2022.7 | Pro Tools Studio 2022.7 | Avid Play | Sibelius Artist 2022.7

• Sun, Jul 24 2022 3:29 PM In reply to

• boobu
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 3
    • Points 35

As I understand the site settings work only with  new users and new projects. Right now the new setting is saved in the site settings but when I open an existing project I still must change it manually. 

• Sun, Jul 24 2022 4:45 PM In reply to

That's correct you can only template settings for new objects like projects or users. Existing ones are unaffected. 

You can of course copy the new setting into existing user settings but tgst has to be done manually for each one. 

HP Z840 3.1GHZ 20cores 128GB RAM M4000 GPU 1TB NVMe drive HP Z book 17 G2 2.7GHZ Quad core 32GB RAM Nvidia K3100M 1TB SSD drive ACI Moderator. I'm... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  Avid Certified Instructor VET (Retired Early 2022)

Still offering training and support for: QC/QAR Training - Understanding Digital Media - Advanced Files * Compression - Avid Ingest - PSE fixing courses and more.

Mainly delivered remotely via zoom but onsite possible.

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet-training.co.uk

• Wed, Aug 3 2022 6:20 PM In reply to

• boobu
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 3
    • Points 35

You can of course copy the new setting into existing user settings but tgst has to be done manually for each one.  Sounds intresting, can you please tell me how to do it?

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller