Latest post Thu, Jul 14 2022 6:38 PM by dlogneb. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Jul 14 2022 6:23 PM

• mjordan
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Oct 28 2011
    • Posts 31
    • Points 425

Feature Request: Drag file/folder into Source Browser to jump there

Native "Open" and "Save" dialogs in Mac OS have a nice feature: you can drag a file or a folder from a normal Finder window into the Open/Save dialog, and the Open/Save dialog will jump directly to that location.

It would be really nice to have this functionality mirrored in Avid's Source Browser dialog.

• Thu, Jul 14 2022 6:38 PM In reply to

• dlogneb
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Aug 27 2014
    • Posts 235
    • Points 2,765

Re: Feature Request: Drag file/folder into Source Browser to jump there

+1, a thousand times!

I hate that source browser doesn't work this way, but import does.  I don't understand why Avid rewrites things like open file dialog boxes, but I can only assume there is a good reason and hope they can return the standard functionality to the custom dialog box.

Not to beat a dead horse, but this is also why the whole "take over the entire screen" design philosophy is so strange to me. I want to be able to move things from MacOS windows into Avid bins/dialog-boxes.   It's so much easier when there is not a giant gray block obscuring everything.   

I've also noticed that sometimes the Pan & Zoom open file dialog box will disappear when Avid isn't active, making it impossible to drag things into it even though it is the standard style.

Avid MC 2022.10 & 2022.7 Mac Os Monterey (12.6.1 & 12.3.1) MacStudio Apple M1 Ultra 128GB [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller