Latest post Sun, Jul 31 2022 11:22 PM by tno. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Jul 5 2022 10:33 AM

• PenriMain
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Jul 5 2022
    • Posts 1
    • Points 25

Importing Video with Alpha

Hey there,

I'm very new to Maestro Design / News.

I have been looking into some tutorials, but I can't seem to find an answer;

I have created a Lower Third animation in AE. Exported it as a DNX with Alpha, Apple Pro Res with alpha and Lossless with Alpha. When I bring that clip into Maestro Design it doesn't seem to pull in the Alpha channel. It's on a black BG.

Another issue I have is that the clip end after 3seconds. But adfter 3seconds, in Design, it goes to a blank frame rather than a freeze on the clip.

Any help would be great.

Thankyou

Penri

Filed under: , ,
  • Sun, Jul 10 2022 11:15 AM In reply to

Re: Importing Video with Alpha

Hi, 

We don't have many Maestro users on this forum.

I wonder if you have looked at these?

https://www.avid.com/tutorials?product=Maestro%20|%20Designer

https://www.avid.com/tutorials?product=Maestro%20|%20News

Otherwise I can ask around if you are still facing this issue.

Editing Movie Magic.

My Equipment & System Specs

Media Composer Ultimate 2022.7 | Pro Tools Studio 2022.6 | Sibelius Artist 22022.5

• Sun, Jul 31 2022 11:22 PM In reply to

• tno
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Jul 31 2022
    • CZ
    • Posts 1
    • Points 5

Re: Importing Video with Alpha

- are you using designer with localRE or over HDVG? you are not able to see video in localRE... :)

- Over time what Im using for video with alfa is in AE render (not media encoder). QT Animation.

- In Designer you need to enable alfa for video, disable interlaced (I guess) and reload file or load it after setting...

if your alfa is ok. you can check in right panel. Dont save scene in alfa view! .)

But for lower thirds when animations are not fullscreen use tga sequence (not png sequence its much slower) and render those sequences in the smallest possible resolution to save renderpower .)

- try to end your file with pause keyframe just before it ends :)

i7-9700K, RAM32GB, NVIDIA 2060SUPER, 4K [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller