Latest post Sun, Jun 26 2022 9:00 PM by Aaron Stadler. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Jun 25 2022 2:08 AM

• Aaron Stadler
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Jan 20 2015
    • Seattle WA. USA
    • Posts 1
    • Points 25

Can't open Media Composer after Force Quit

I was recently encoding a program when I got a warning that I was running out of storage space. Avid had froze and the spinning wheel was the only thing working. So I did a "force quit” so I could close the program and see what was happening with my drive. Ever since them, whenever I try to open Media Composer, I get an error message that says “Avid Media Composer quit unexpectedly. Click “Reopen” to open the application again”. But when I click “Reopen” the error message comes right back. If I click “OK” the message window disappears, until I try to open the program again. Nothing comes up on the screen. Not ever the MC splash screen. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program and cleared out all the .pmr and .mdb files, but nothing changes the outcome. Can someone please help me or suggest how I can find a way to resolve this? Thank you for your time and attention to my issue. Whatever you can do to help will be greatly appreciated! Sincerely, AS Avid Media Composer 2022.4 iMac w/ macOS Catalina 10.15.7 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core 32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 Radeon Pro 560X 4 GB
    AS Avid Media Composer 2022.4 iMac w/ macOS Catalina 10.15.7 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core 32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 Radeon Pro 560X 4 GB [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Jun 25 2022 6:52 AM In reply to

Re: Can't open Media Composer after Force Quit

Hi,

Have you resolved the storage space problem on the drive so media composer can rebuild databases and media?

Can you try deleting the content of: /Users/Shared/AvidMediaComposer/Avid FatalErrorReports?

Most of the MC/NC, Interplay, Nexis, ISIS, Unity stuff. [view my complete system specs]

Avid reseller ACSR at Telmaco

http://www.telmaco.gr/en/

• Sun, Jun 26 2022 9:00 PM In reply to

• Aaron Stadler
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Jan 20 2015
    • Seattle WA. USA
    • Posts 1
    • Points 25

Re: Can't open Media Composer after Force Quit

Thank you Jeroen!

Deleting the content of the FatalErrorReports folder worked! Avid is up and running again and I'm back to encoding my program. Glad it was a relatively easy fix.

Appreciate it!

AS

AS Avid Media Composer 2022.4 iMac w/ macOS Catalina 10.15.7 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core 32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 Radeon Pro 560X 4 GB [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller