Latest post Thu, Apr 21 2022 1:50 PM by evaplompen. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Apr 21 2022 1:23 PM

• evaplompen
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Apr 21 2022
    • Posts 2
    • Points 20

Trimming in JKL has no audio?

Hi! I'm currently assisting an editor who's having some trouble with audio in trim mode: there's no audio when trimming to side B (right side of the cut). When trimming to side A (left of the cut) the audio plays, but only when trimming on the first couple of tracks. When trimming with tracks 5-8, nothing was playing at all. Can anyone help?

Everything works fine on my set. Audio settings are the same.

We're both working in MC 2021.12.

Filed under: , ,
  • Thu, Apr 21 2022 1:38 PM In reply to

Re: Trimming in JKL has no audio?

Hi Eva,

Do all the 'power buttons' on the audio tracks look the same? Only the ones that feature a bright square (looking exactly like the 'power button' for V1) are set to playback in 'scrub' modes. If they look less bright, without the white square, they can be used in playback, but not when scrubbing. If you Alt-click such a 'power button' they change modes. This may mean that another track gets toggled to 'non-scrub'.

Just a stab in the dark, but perhaps a lead?

Best

J

Media Composer Symphony | PT Ultimate | Win10 HPZ | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Apr 21 2022 1:50 PM In reply to

• evaplompen
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Apr 21 2022
    • Posts 2
    • Points 20

Re: Trimming in JKL has no audio?

Hi Job! Yes, all audio power buttons look the same. He has light mode on so the squares are black, but they do seem to be in the right mode. Alt-clicking somehow doesn't change them, though... 

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller