Latest post Mon, Jul 18 2022 6:57 AM by SandrilaFriman. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Apr 10 2022 8:27 AM

• QMax
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Oct 11 2010
    • Milan, Italy
    • Posts 74
    • Points 875

EUCON on AMC/Windows platform

Not using Avid Control app for a long time, but yesterday I spent an hour to reconfigure from scratch my AMC User Settings, so I decided to relink Avid Control running on an Android Tablet, to Media Composer 2021.12.

I downloaded and installed EUCON Workstation Unified Install 2021.10.1 both on Win/Mac, first run to uninstall previous versions and its preferences, then a second step to install new version.

All worked fine on Mac, but I had some trouble on Windows 10.

Once I select Settings/Controller Settings/EUCON Controller, and clickin' on Edit Settings for EUCON, I obtained an error message from cmd, saying that EuControl.exe cannot be found.

I checked Eu installation and this .exe is correctly placed in the C:\Program Files\Euphonix\EuCon folder.

Checking SET PATH, I found some Eu relative settings like:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Avid\Eucon

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Avid\Eucon

So, as a workaroud, I added C:\Program Files\Euphonix\EuCon to the Win 10 environment variable Path.

Is it normal that this variable is not automatically configured during installation?

Thanks

Max

Avid Media Composer 2021.12 Perpetual|Symphony Option|Dongle PC: Asus PRIME z370-A, Intel i7-8700K/3.70Ghz, 32Gb, Win10 Pro x64, nVidia GTX 1060-6GB OWC... [view my complete system specs]
    Filed under:
  • Thu, Jun 2 2022 8:46 AM In reply to

Re: EUCON on AMC/Windows platform

I am looking to upgrade my monitor controller for 5.1 home studio I use for post. Does anyone have experience with either the Blue Sky AMC or the Dangerous Music Monitor ST & SR? Both these fit in the price range I am looking at. I currently only have 1 set of 5.1 speakers. I also like that I can do 7.1 with the Blue Sky AMC down the road, although I hear the SR can be upgraded at an additional cost for 7.1. It seems that the Blue Sky may be geared more specifically to the Post world .How do they compare to each other as far as sound quality? It seems like the Dangerous Music sound quality may be higher.

• Thu, Jun 2 2022 9:12 AM In reply to

• GT
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • South Africa
    • Posts 429
    • Points 4,655

You may be better served if you post this as a new posting. No-one has replied to the original post, so your one might not get many views.

MC Ver 8.7, Intel Core I5, NVidia Quadro FX 570, 16Gb Ram, 250 Gb system drive, 2 Tb Render/Media drive, Windows 7 64bit Pro, QT 7.6.6 [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Jul 18 2022 6:57 AM In reply to

I purchased the perpetual Pro Tools license a while back but my support subscription has since expired (though I do still own and use Pro Tools). I was hoping to start using my tablet as a second control for recording and have been trying to find the Eucon driver for Mac but it doesn't seem to be anywhere in my account. Is this because I no longer have the support subscription? If so, that seems pretty silly to me. I'm hoping I can still find the driver somewhere online... Any help would be appreciated.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller