Latest post Fri, Apr 15 2022 11:54 AM by Chris Bové. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Mar 13 2022 12:06 PM

• fsm
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Nov 24 2009
    • Germany
    • Posts 181
    • Points 2,195

cant use MC & SYM license

hi,

from the beginning, i moved to a new system and used the trail version of mc to check if evrything works fine. today i want to move the license, deactivate MC license and symphony license on the old and activate on the new one. so far so good - everything looks fine. Avid link on the new machine says MC is activated und SYM is activated.

but when i launch mc, i see there are no options yet and cant use the sym option. check in the avid link - it was listed there green and activated.

i updated avid link without solving the problem.

i logged in to avid link - now it showed up my "Media Composer | Software (Crossgrade from Symphony)"  but with 2 activation ids - 1 for MC and 1 for the SYM - and he wrote he cant activate during wrong activation id - he is right because there are the 2 activation ids not only one. screen below:

i want to log out from avid link so the software didnt see "my products" and i can acticvate as a normal user but this seems not working- cant find any button to log out. 

so i checked no license is running and uninstalled avid link and reinstalled. now avid link wrote i've reached my aviable license and cant activate.

please can anyone help? thanks

MC 2021.12 & SYM / BM Monitor4K / Windows 11 (i know ...) 64 bit / i7 12700k / RTX3070 [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Mar 13 2022 12:26 PM In reply to

• fsm
    • Not Ranked
    • Germany
    • Posts 181
    • Points 2,195

Re: cant use MC & SYM license

i found to log out from avid link is only avaible in the task button(?) - logged out and cant activate because avid link says license in use.

here is the screen from avid link with the 2 activation ids, i've added the xxx 

MC 2021.12 & SYM / BM Monitor4K / Windows 11 (i know ...) 64 bit / i7 12700k / RTX3070 [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Mar 14 2022 5:43 PM In reply to

• fsm
    • Not Ranked
    • Germany
    • Posts 181
    • Points 2,195

i found out that i can deactivate the license online in my avid account. 

but mc still doesnt recognize my activated symphony option. please help. also no response to my support ticket yet.

• Mon, Mar 14 2022 5:59 PM In reply to

Hello,

This isn't your fault. It's a bug. We have a licensing bug with a small group of licenses, and it looks like you have one of them. 

Email me at chris.bove@avid.com and I can assist you. In your email, please let me know your MyAvid account email, as well as the System ID that you can't get to work properly. 

2014 MacPro 6;1 "trashcan" on Monterey with MC 2022.7. 2019 MBP (Intel) with BigSur running MC 2021.12.2 2014 MBP (Intel) with Mojave running... [view my complete system specs]

Email me to create a support case: chris.bove@avid.com 

------

Chris Bové
    Avid Online Community Manager

• Wed, Mar 16 2022 4:23 PM In reply to

• fsm
    • Not Ranked
    • Germany
    • Posts 181
    • Points 2,195

Thanks Chris, you got a mail.

Jaeson from AVID Customer Care refreshed my symphony license but that didn't help.

#1 logged in to avid link without activated "Media Composer | Software (Crossgrade from Symphony)"
    License in Avid Link is shown as "usable" and i can "use license" BUT online via avid.com under "mange devices" it's shown as "in use" and i can deactivate. When i start MC it promted me the avid activation window, where i can choose from the 4 options -> use avid link to activate -> press "use license" i get the error "activation failed, check you activation id and try again".

#2 if i deactivate 
    online via avid.com under "mange devices" i got a windows message "license has been deactivated to use on another machine". so the onlin e"manage devices" windows is cleared and avid link shows the license as "usable" - if i press  "use license" i get the error "activation failed, check you activation id and try again". but this activates the license on avid.com under "mange devices" - avid link says it can not be used but unser manage devices status is "in use".

#3 if i enter the system id and activation id manual avid wrotes "101 activation failed, the number of activations exceed ..."i deactivate online via avid.com under "mange devices" so the license isnt shown up - but again if i enter manual the license popped up in the "manage devices" and cant be uses during "101 activation failed, the number of activations exceed ..."

the only way to get MC work is to be logged of from avid link - but without the use of the symphony option.

• Wed, Mar 16 2022 6:09 PM In reply to

Yeah don't bother with all of that. It's a licensing bug, so no effort you undertake will fix it. I need to do something here on my end. So email me at chris.bove@avid.com and I can assist you. In your email, please let me know your MyAvid account email, as well as the System ID. If you had an actual case # with Jaeson, let me know that number too.

2014 MacPro 6;1 "trashcan" on Monterey with MC 2022.7. 2019 MBP (Intel) with BigSur running MC 2021.12.2 2014 MBP (Intel) with Mojave running... [view my complete system specs]

------

Chris Bové

• Fri, Apr 15 2022 10:39 AM In reply to

• fsm
    • Not Ranked
    • Germany
    • Posts 181
    • Points 2,195

installed the 2021.12.1 patch

problems with activation are gone - Yes

thanks for you help chris.

• Fri, Apr 15 2022 11:54 AM In reply to

Excellent!

Hopefully all issues are now gone.

2021.12.2 is out and fixes...

2022.4 will be released soon, and also fixes...

Thanks! 

------

Chris Bové

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller